Trigger wound healing without wound

fredreload

Alright so we've all heard people growing back their cut finger with cellular matrix or amphibian with limb regeneration. Now assuming a limb is amputated, how does the body knows what structure it should grows back? For instance if I am missing my middle finger, it will have to grow back with the exact same length and size without missing a single cell(let's assume scar tissue is not the case). Now let's say I want to trigger a particular cell to renew itself without having a wound, it should also possible. All wounds heal, so it should be possible to trigger the entire body to recover from a wound, without having a wound. Now what is left is the strength of such regeneration, lizard does it by de-differentiating the cells. There is also the age of the cell. If the lizard is 5 years old, the regrown limb is also 5 years old but not of age zero. Once we get these two factors under control, we should be able to renew any part of our body as we please. All we need is to pretend that a wound occurs at a particular place and have the cell de-differentiate and renew at that spot. What do you think?

P.S. This is assuming all wounds regenerate

Edited by fredreload

Note that even in the case of those creatures that regenerate limbs, the new limb is not identical to the original, and certainly not down to the last cell. Heck, on an "every single cell" level, your current middle finger isn't even the same as the one you woke up with this morning.

Beyond that m, though, a regenerated finger or tail is unlikely to be exactly the same as the one that was lost.

Note that even in the case of those creatures that regenerate limbs, the new limb is not identical to the original, and certainly not down to the last cell. Heck, on an "every single cell" level, your current middle finger isn't even the same as the one you woke up with this morning.

Beyond that m, though, a regenerated finger or tail is unlikely to be exactly the same as the one that was lost.

Well alright, as long as it looks like a hand and it's useable, the DNA contains a structure of how our body should look like, why do you think the tail looks like a tail and a finger looks like a finger when regenerated, the DNA knows it. The trick is to hack the cell and have it think it should regenerate

P.S. I've read somewhere that by inhibiting a particular gene have helped the lab rat regenerate limbs, but that also increases the chance for cancer

P.S. I also don't think how the regenerated limb would differ by much, I think the regeneration process just needs some fine tuning

P.S. I don't know about memory though, how brain heals

Edited by fredreload

Alright so we've all heard people growing back their cut finger with cellular matrix

Hoax.

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/science-and-health-news-reporting-the-case-of-the-regenerating-finger/

or amphibian with limb regeneration.

Regeneration is a slow cellular process we gave up in order to form scar tissue, which is a quicker method of stopping blood flow and healing. It complimented our newly adopted ability to run bipedally to get away from danger.

We still have embryonic regeneration, but lose it shortly before we're born.

Hoax.

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/science-and-health-news-reporting-the-case-of-the-regenerating-finger/

Regeneration is a slow cellular process we gave up in order to form scar tissue, which is a quicker method of stopping blood flow and healing. It complimented our newly adopted ability to run bipedally to get away from danger.

We still have embryonic regeneration, but lose it shortly before we're born.

Hmm, here is a study on regeneration of lab rat I was talking about. I was thinking it also applies to human, that by switching on and off certain genes allow limb to regrow and organs to repair. Yes it only applies to mouse 5 weeks and younger and it does not work for organs at this point, but humans might be able to do the same. Once you switch on the genes just do a full body update and you are good as new, theoretically speaking.

Yes it only applies to mouse 5 weeks and younger

Genetically engineered mice of that age. Not all mice.

and it does not work for organs at this point, but humans might be able to do the same. Once you switch on the genes just do a full body update and you are good as new, theoretically speaking.

AFAIK, the regeneration is something that CAN happen because the mice are at such an early stage of development. From what I've seen, there are problems with the idea of adult regeneration. It's not going to be healing any amputees any time soon.

Genetically engineered mice of that age. Not all mice.

AFAIK, the regeneration is something that CAN happen because the mice are at such an early stage of development. From what I've seen, there are problems with the idea of adult regeneration. It's not going to be healing any amputees any time soon.

As they've pointed out, the regeneration mechanism has to do with metabolism, like eating spicy food to induce metabolism for old people I dunno, maybe at certain age it's beyond repair? Beats me

P.S. Hmm, but any cell can be reset back to its stem cell state though, here

Edited by fredreload

Summary:

Lizard revert cells at wound site to form a blastema, which is kind of like the lizard stem cells. Humans might/might not revert cells at wound site to form stem cells, but reverting cell to stem cell only take 4 genes

P.S. So we can copy the lizard's regeneration technique and see what triggers the cells at the wound site to dedifferentiate and form our own type of stem cells, inspired by X-Files

Edited by fredreload