It's a fake??

Ice-cream

hey guys, lately i brought a few anti-ageing creams and on one of the bottles, it says "Bio-Super Anti-ageing Eye Complex With Bio-Placenta, Collegen & Elastin 30gm"

now i noticed that collagen is not spelt as "collegen"...does this mean the cream is a fake? i mean, how can they get the word "collagen" wrong? (or is that another way to spell collagen??) the brand is H & B Health and Beauty...i got told this is an australian brand...but i'm now worried it's a fake.

wat do u guys think?

hey guys' date=' lately i brought a few anti-ageing creams and on one of the bottles, it says "Bio-Super Anti-ageing Eye Complex With Bio-Placenta, Collegen & Elastin 30gm"

now i noticed that collagen is not spelt as "collegen"...does this mean the cream is a fake? i mean, how can they get the word "collagen" wrong? (or is that another way to spell collagen??) the brand is H & B Health and Beauty...i got told this is an australian brand...but i'm now worried it's a fake.

wat do u guys think?[/quote']

Hmm, personally, I wouldn't let a drop of the stuff touch my skin. If company that made it didn't even employ a decent speller, I doubt they had researchers to test and verify its safety, much less its effectiveness. Just my 2 cents. Oh, and "anti-ageing" is misspelled as well.

Perhaps the cream came from a foreign non-English speaking country, where the misspelling would have a greater chance of going through unnoticed.

*shrug*

If you don't mind my asking, where did you get the cream?

Hmm' date=' personally, I wouldn't let a drop of the stuff touch my skin. If company that made it didn't even employ a decent speller, I doubt they had researchers to test and verify its safety, much less its effectiveness. Just my 2 cents. Oh, and "anti-ageing" is misspelled as well.

Perhaps the cream came from a foreign non-English speaking country, where the misspelling would have a greater chance of going through unnoticed.

*shrug*

If you don't mind my asking, where did you get the cream?[/quote']

And what makes you believe any anti-aging cream will work?

And what makes you believe any anti-aging cream will work?

Some can have benefits, especially those with alpha hydroxy acids which can expholiate dead skin and make one appear fresh faced. But I haven't looked all that much into the current anti-aging products, as I have no need for it yet.

Some can have benefits, especially those with alpha hydroxy acids which can expholiate dead skin and make one appear fresh faced. But I haven't looked all that much into the current anti-aging products, as I have no need for it yet.

Well that is still like a pseudo-anti-aging cream. It is not a true anti-aging cream.

Red Alert, one of the characteristics of young skin is that it is thick and constantly shedding dead skin cells. Apha hydroxy acid speeds that process thus making the skin appear younger and, when it comes to the way our culture values youth, appearing younger has its advantages.

well i got it from a shop, which the lady selling them said she bought them all in australia...she says she doesn't buy China products coz they may be fakes...but i don't know, coz the shop's not like some big company so i don't know if i can trust them...

well i got it from a shop, which the lady selling them said she bought them all in australia...she says she doesn't buy China products coz they may be fakes...but i don't know, coz the shop's not like some big company so i don't know if i can trust them...

Well, I did a google search on the term "collegen" limiting the search to only the australian based sites, and I got only 61 hits. If "collegen" was a Aussie variant of spelling, I think I would have gotten many more--another big clue that the cream is not legit. I also clicked on some of those sites Google turned up and none were a huge companies, and many of the sites were defunct.

I'd say I'm about 95% sure the product is fake.

You can try asking for a refund from the place you bought the cream.

If that fails, I would find some professional opinions (from a dermatologist?) who deems the cream a fake and then contact the Better Business Bureau.

Next time, to avoid all this stress (which WILL age you) buy your beauty products from a reputable shop. I'm not certain th eamount you had to shell out for the cream, but in the end, you get what you pay for.