a Begining and End

who_knows

Assuming everything was formed by Natural causes.Do you believe Scientists will ever find the definite answer to the begining and end of all things in say the next 1000 years,given that technology and knowledge has moved on so much over the last century?

Do you believe Scientists will ever find the definite answer to the begining and end of all things

What do you mean by that? Do you mean how we began (big bang) and how the universe will end (if it does at all) (e.g. big crush or expand forever)?

If that's what you mean then we began with the big bang and we are not certain how the universe will end yet, although we know the possibilities, I'd say in the next 1000 years we'd be able to work out which possibility is the likeliest using more advance technology and general observation over time etc.

Can one person know everything or can one specie as a whole (humans) know everything?

Either way I doubt we'd know everything. To do that we'd have had to explore every part of every plant, every commet, meteorite & star... as well as the meaning of life (42!) and a hell load of other things.

There have been several threads on this on SFN, use the search button at the top of the page.

I personally think that the Universe hadn't a beginning, and that the Big Bang simply marked a transitional point from a previous phase. However, how can I know? Maybe I'm in an error? Is there any way to know what exactly happened? I hope so, but we need more observations of the cosmos, and know more thinks about freaks such dark energy and black holes.

The Ekpyrotic bulk brane scenario postulates that the Big Bang was the result of the collision of two branes (the proper name of this collision is "ekpyrosis")

http://arxiv.org/abs/hep-th/0502136

String theory is highly speculative because we don't know yet whether relativity is correct on this one. Dark matter has never been detected.

The theory is very complex and contains many unexplained constants. Therefore i'd say that the less likely it is to be correct, except as a useful approximation.

No... I thousand years is an eternity... I say no for 2 reasons. first becouse i am 99% sure people will die out before the next thousand years, so they would never get to those answers. the other reason that is absoulute is becouse of principals like the uncertainty principal...(i know this isnt the main point of the principal) but things like the more you understand something else the less you understand something else. this would make it so it would be imposible to understand "everthing" but they likely will discover the begining of the universe and the end/