Brain circuitry decode

fredreload

So from my previous post I've mentioned about how human brain should be able to be decoded into known functions. What I am doing here is to make a comparison between computers and the human brain. Bear with me for a second. So I came across this video. I know it's overused in various places, but the first part where the cover is lifted shows the circuitry of the CPU at run time, and I followed the site to the actual javascript simulation here. The right side shows how this model reads data and instructions from memory. Now this is purely from the hardware perspective. Here I present a portal from Blue Brain Project in showing how neurons run different data. So here you see a similarity between the CPU and the human brain and how data is interpreted. So the human brain might be able to be translated to the address and instructions on the right side of the CPU simulation, but to be honest I haven't really gotten that far. I thought this could be interesting so I am presenting it here. If someone do get the interest in cracking the human mind or explain the CPU javascript simulation feel free to let me know

Edited by fredreload

A computer is a very poor analogue of the brain. Neural networks are perhaps slightly better, but still pretty crude.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_neural_network

Interesting, I know that neuron takes binary inpust simply because 0 no signal or 1 there is a signal, but the states it contains could be numerous. There is also a mix of analogue neurons, like pain level, pinch hard more pain. I thought these needs to be classified out. Neural network is definitely an interesting idea, take into account of binary inputs and timing then it might just be what I am looking for, and you made the entire brain 2d?

Hmm, I'm not sure how to explain this but I got something to add. Pretty much with have the inputs and the outputs based on the brain scan at a molecular level and you are trying to guess the function it does. Much like this, how computer adds number, and you are trying to guess the two half adders and what can go wrong from there. It's all very vague right now but it's a start

Alright, so consciousness is an output, and this output is feed back into the input as a loop

Edited by fredreload

Hmm, in a computer the logic gates does the thinking for you, but consciousness is not logic gate, it is a signal that can be amplified, a continuous wave, so it's state shouldn't change, it is a voltage, a force of dissipation

Ya, I think the brain won't work without voltage, sad though I want digital immortality so bad

There are potentials in nerve cells, but nothing that can't be simulated. We simulate analog circuits all the time.

Hmm, I wonder off to this article where I read a while ago. This means that artificial intelligence is not possible. But if you can prove me wrong with the simplest organism, let me know

P.S. Is it possible to simulate an electromagnetic field?

Edited by fredreload

Hmm, I wonder off to this article where I read a while ago. This means that artificial intelligence is not possible.

From that article:

"No serious researcher I know believes in an electromagnetic theory of consciousness,"[16]Bernard Baars wrote in an e-mail.

"It's not really worth talking about scientifically,"

McFadden acknowledges that his theory—which he calls the "cemi field theory"—is far from proven

Well alright, but I'm trying to figure out what consciousness is. For one, consciousness is not comprised of logic gates because the state changes and consciousness cannot change. I'm confused on this part

Alright it is an analogue circuit, nothing digital

"consciousness cannot change"

What does that mean? Consciousness changes all the time. At the gross level between asleep and awake. At a subtler level, you are never quite the same person as you gain experience and knowledge, etc.

The idea that there is any sort of continuous consciousness may be an illusion created by our integration of fragmentary memories and varying levels of external stimuli.

"consciousness cannot change"

What does that mean? Consciousness changes all the time. At the gross level between asleep and awake. At a subtler level, you are never quite the same person as you gain experience and knowledge, etc.

The idea that there is any sort of continuous consciousness may be an illusion created by our integration of fragmentary memories and varying levels of external stimuli.

Exactly - we also nurture the illusion of continuity through the actions of the "higher" levels; been reading some scare stories on my cycling forum about crashes that the cyclists knows nothing about. Narratives along the lines of arriving home to find wife in a panic cos the cyclist is 12 hours late without realising, a cyclist being stopped by police cos they had a stick poking through his ear after close encounter with hedgerow, and other tales about losing 6 months which would keep you off the road for the near future - all constructions by the higher mind to gloss over the mental trauma and avoid the memory gap caused by the physical trauma. You don't realise or even properly believe after the fact that you have blacked out and lost conscious time

At the risk of getting slightly off-topic, there are some great examples in The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat of the way the mind compensates.

One was a man who after a serious head injury was told, "We're terribly sorry, but you are blind; you have permanently lost your sight". "Blind? Sight? What are these things? I'm perfectly fine."

So, as well as losing his sight he had lost, not only the memory of having it, but the whole concept of being able to see.

Another example is people with "blindsight" where the visual centres of the brain are damaged so they have no conscious vision but are still able to navigate around obstacles. But they make up stories to rationalise why they do that. "Why did you move to the left just now?", "Oh, I just lost stumbled a bit. It must be these new shoes."

And related to this, the fact that we think we live in a single "now" so the feeling in our foot touching the floor seems to happen at the same time as we see it happening. Even though the nerve signals are delayed by something like half a second.