What is the best company to buy a PC or laptop from?

apollo2011

What is the best company to buy a PC or laptop from?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What is the best company to buy a PC or laptop from?

• Dell
    • Hewlett Packard
    • Comapq
    • Gateway
    • Micron
    • Sony
    • Other

was just wondering what the best places are to buy PC's and laptops. I am planning on getting a new laptop soon and possibly a new desktop PC. Now that I have really experienced Dell Tech Support (crap). I am not sure I want to buy another Dell computer.

I have been patronizing Gateway for the last several years and have been extremely satisfied. Like Dell, they build to my specifications and needs, while keeping a very low price. I have been apart of a "buy-back" program that allows me to exchange my current computer every two years or so for the comparitively same model, but with the newest features and performance capabilities. This really helps financially and keeps me up with the new technology.

Customer service has been pretty good also. I had a monitor that suddenly stopped working and they immediately sent a new one and even paid for the return shipping of the damaged one.

Store bought just seem to be crap! If you can't get what you really want from a package deal, I would go custom with a local vendor. Just my opinion. :)

I have been patronizing Gateway for the last several years and have been extremely satisfied. Like Dell, they build to my specifications and needs, while keeping a very low price. I have been apart of a "buy-back" program that allows me to exchange my current computer every two years or so for the comparitively same model, but with the newest features and performance capabilities. This really helps financially and keeps me up with the new technology.

If you go to sciforums.com they have a thread slamming Gateway. You can get the thread at http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20800 . Maybe you want to put in your post there.

"Comapq" according to the poll - must be Korean or something.

While Compaq make good machines when they want to, there are plenty of reasons why they aren't the best place to buy from, which was the actual question.

For your information, I cannot edit the poll because I am not a moderator. So tell one of the moderaters!!!!!

Don't blame me.

I asked the question for your feedback If you don't like any of them then I don't need your feedback. It wasn't art of my intended question!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by apollo2011

Also, Blike,

That Albert Einstien quote is getting old very fast.

I suggest that you change it

Here my ideas::lame:

At least mine is spelled right. ;)