ADHD & Marijuana  

1 member has voted

1. 1. ADHD & Marijuana

• Have no clue
    • Marijuana can help ADHD
    • Marijuana can cure ADHD
    • Marijuana can help/cure ADHD & should
    • Won't work
    • Not worth it because of costs (name) and/or existence of better treatment (name)

I have an article here that you may find interesting Dak, it makes for good reading and is one person's personal account, plus the production of the tablets and so on.
cheers for the link klang (did you know how interested in HIV i am?)

wow, if all thats true, i think smoked cannabis would definately be better than marinol! sounds like marrinol sux. politics should be left out of medicine.

cheers for the link klang (did you know how interested in HIV i am?)

wow' date=' if all thats true, i think smoked cannabis would definately be better than marinol! sounds like marrinol sux. politics should be left out of medicine.[/quote']

Lol you are most welcome Dak :) and no I had no idea of your interest in HIV, and sad to say am fairly ignorant about it myself. That said I dont shun those unfortunate enough to have HIV or even full blown AIDS, they deserve love and tolerance and not condemnation for their misfortune, "people in glass houses....." you just never know when it might be you.

My hubby tried marinol as prescribed by his doctors when in the states, cost him $250. for one months supply, and it didnt help him in any timely manner (takes 1hr - 11hrs to get into the system) with the pain or the nausia that he suffers with as a result of IBS, and was considerably more expensive than the "real" thing lol is that an oxy moron? The real thing is illegal but we will make a substitute that may or may not work, but we will blow the price of this out of the reach of most patients so you then go and do it illegally and get arrested... yeaaaaah ok!!!! The government is soooo kind.

yeah, if it is going to be used, we may as well use the free natural version :) BTW i tried cannabis for my IBS, i found its relaxant properties to be, shal we say, undesierable, tho it did help with the pain.

I can only go from how my hubby is with it, as I have no other "before my eyes" proof as such with regard to using it as a medicine, but he rarely gets high, he wont smoke it to that extreme, but it is just a case of slowly slowly till you know what gets the pain and then what hits your head. By the way adding it to tobacco increases dramatically the effect, so if that is how you tried then maybe you took too strong of a hit as such. If you were ever willing to try it again, (no telling how much pain you are gonna get into in the future) may I suggest you have one or maybe two puffs max? Hold it in for as long as you can and slowly release, from the way my hubby describes it its as though he can feel the med working by wrapping itself around the area of pain, it is at that point that he stops. Cannabis will heighten many things, if you are tired it will have you crashed out before you can say boo, but generally it will just relax you. I tried it a couple of times myself when I was having awful pain with gall stones, and yeah it worked wonders on that pain too, but I personally dont like it either. Ya know Dak, IBS is mainly a young womans complaint, men do get it too just not in the fugures that women do, so far though it has only been men that I have personally known to have it, so I wonder if those statistics need updating.

If you have any tips on what to do with chicken for meals I would be most greatful, really struggling here to keep my hubbies diet semi interesting.

t is just a case of slowly slowly till you know what gets the pain and then what hits your head. By the way adding it to tobacco increases dramatically the effect, so if that is how you tried then maybe you took too strong of a hit as such. If you were ever willing to try it again, (no telling how much pain you are gonna get into in the future) may I suggest you have one or maybe two puffs max? Hold it in for as long as you can and slowly release, from the way my hubby describes it its as though he can feel the med working by wrapping itself around the area of pain, it is at that point that he stops. Cannabis will heighten many things, if you are tired it will have you crashed out before you can say boo, but generally it will just relax you.
i apreciate the advice on how to take cannabis, but you know, i did go to college :rolleyes: lets just say i cant remember much of being 17, but what i can remember was hillariouse.

Ya know Dak, IBS is mainly a young womans complaint
yeah, secreting mucus, bleeding, becoming grumpy and irritable as a result... definately a womans complaint :D

If you have any tips on what to do with chicken for meals I would be most greatful, really struggling here to keep my hubbies diet semi interesting.
most of the interesting things i know how to do with chicken involve spices, or preferably replacing the chicken with pork... hmm... i suppose you could try stuff like stir-fry and variouse creams etc but id assume youv already tried all that. general tip: if you cook it at a lower heat for longer its more juicy and teneder, falls right off the bone mmmmmmm. you could always put some cannabis in, so it goes direct to the site of action? barbeque it if the weathers nice? sorry, i dont generally do the whole fancy cooking malarkay, meat + lots of it is what i generally go for. i can ask my mate for you, shes a veggie who eats chicken :confused: so sheel probably no.

lol I do appologise Dak, cos you said you had tried it for the pain but didnt like the other effects I presumed that that was it for you, yeah college and lost years sounds about right :P Still if it kept ya semi sane throughout all those endless lessons then so be it.

hmmmmm womens complaints!!!! feel me scowling in your direction???? ;)

I too love my meats but feel guilty eating it infront of hubby cos he is stuck with chicken or fish as the other meats trigger huge bouts of pain for him, but are you telling me that in all those student years you didnt learn how to make something from nothing??? And noooooo pot noodle doesnt count hehehe. Thanks for the help anyways :)

lol I do appologise Dak, cos you said you had tried it for the pain but didnt like the other effects I presumed that that was it for you, yeah college and lost years sounds about right Still if it kept ya semi sane throughout all those endless lessons then so be it.

the other effects that i didnt like was the mussle-relaxant effect on the bowels. i hope i dont have to draw you a picture :D and no, it didnt keep me semi-sane throughout the endless lectures, it kept me wholy absent throughought the endless lectures. its a miracle that i passed.

hmmmmm womens complaints!!!! feel me scowling in your direction???? ;)
at least you get three weeks off per month :P

PS, if you want, ill get those chicken recipies off my mate and PM some of them to you.

back on topic: i dont believe that any mental disorder should be treated with drugs. i mean, if someone were stressed, would you reccomend a pint of beer in the morning, lunch time and just before they went to bed, in order to help them 'relax'? i doubt it, and i dont see why other drugs are treated differently.

anecdotaly, i know lots of people who have experienced or aggrevated problems by smoking cannibis -- and these are oftern people who didnt have any majour problems in the first place.

drugs should be used for their phisiological effects, and recreationally -- exhibiting extreme caution in both cases. i think their application to curing mental problems is too problem-indusing.

so no, i dont think THC/cannabis should be used to cure ADHD, or any other drug for that matter, unless ABSOLUTELY unnavoidable (is there any non-drug way of curing adhd?)

back on topic: i dont believe that any mental disorder should be treated with drugs. i mean' date=' if someone were stressed, would you reccomend a pint of beer in the morning, lunch time and just before they went to bed, in order to help them 'relax'? i doubt it, and i dont see why other drugs are treated differently.

anecdotaly, i know lots of people who have experienced or aggrevated problems by smoking cannibis -- and these are oftern people who didnt have any majour problems in the first place.

drugs should be used for their phisiological effects, and recreationally -- exhibiting extreme caution in both cases. i think their application to curing mental problems is too problem-indusing.

so no, i dont think THC/cannabis should be used to cure ADHD, or any other drug for that matter, unless ABSOLUTELY unnavoidable (is there any non-drug way of curing adhd?)[/quote']

But isn't the term 'drugs' far too simplistic. I mean, cannibus is such a different 'drug' compared to all other 'drugs.' I feel that its use is transitional given the current environment.

To elaborate on your question (with my own opinion) on whether there is a non-'drug,' way of treating ADHD, I fully believe there is. However, it will take a very different belief system, and a more considerate environment. The reason I believe marijuana is the key is that marijuana [can] make the self stronger in relation to the world, i.e. one feels centrality as opposed to being sucked in by the word. In turn, this centrality [can], if combined with beliefs that allow the motivation to change, facilitate transition into one's own way of adjustment in relation to the environment.

How do these claims pan out with your beliefs?

The reason I believe marijuana is the key is that marijuana [can] make the self stronger in relation to the world, i.e. one feels centrality as opposed to being sucked in by the word. In turn, this centrality [can], if combined with beliefs that allow the motivation to change, facilitate transition into one's own way of adjustment in relation to the environment.
im not entirely sure what you mean. i dont remember canabis ever making me feel like this; i remember it making everything seem funny, and almost nothing seem worth doing.

im not entirely sure what you mean. i dont remember canabis ever making me feel like this; i remember it making everything seem funny, and almost nothing seem worth doing.

My comment is based on the notion that ADHD people, as well as people with other differences, lack self-confidence and centrality in this world, which are essential for helping them adjust or change themselves. In combination with a motivation for a goal of adjustment, it seems perfect.

If you don't lack centrality, I couldn't imagine my comment applying to you. In fact, it would be very different.

I think that's the normal reaction.

I have been watching the long term effects in some of my old school friends.

I'm sad for them.

Could that simply be the difference between using cannabis as a recreational drug rather than a medicinal one? It doesn't appear to make my hubby seem funny and he is always on the go.

I'm sad for them.

Ever heard of hetergeneity and purpose of use?

Or no, there are no such things in reality?!

Could that simply be the difference between using cannabis as a recreational drug rather than a medicinal one? It doesn't appear to make my hubby seem funny and he is always on the go.

That could definately be the reason, but people are too ignorant to realize heterogeneity. Some things deemed by some institutions are "just wrong," as long as those institutions make people "feel good." It's the drug of vanity...

Moreover, one can be even much more precise and say it is due to "purpose of use." Recreational and therapeutic purposes are multivarious and some people might easily use it recreationally in a way that has the opposite effect of our friend here. You've probably heard of very smart people who use it and become much more academically creative and motivated.

Ramin

I'm sad for them.

Moreover, despite your feelings of grandeur and arbitrary stigmatization of marijuana use as a reason against it, it is this very stigma against marijuana use- clearly this social phenomenon (as represented by yourself)- that reinforces other repressive forces and causes abuse and dependence.

Difference is not disorder,

But if it is deemed as such, and the self is denied socially, it will seek self-respect via other available means.

Ever heard of hetergeneity and purpose of use?

Or no' date=' there are no such things in reality?![/quote']

I did deserve that. :D

But just because I like to sit on the sand, what makes you think I cant swim in the ocean?

(Metaphorical)

sorry, back to THC and it's effect on attention. :confused:

Aww, I better clarify…

Ramin , you probably have had the preparation to make that psychoactive chemical work for you.

Can you some how baby-sit all the half drunk teenagers who are going to go on the same journey without your preparation?

I did deserve that. :D

But just because I like to sit on the sand' date=' what makes you think I cant swim in the ocean?

(Metaphorical)

sorry, back to THC and it's effect on attention. :confused:[/quote']

I don't think so! You might be the wisest person around. I have a vendetta against modern determinism and this will be felt in reaction to deterministic comments, even if the person is not a determinist. It's like a virus in the environment.

I'm sad for them.

Thanks for the clarification.

Effects of marijuana?

What do you mean exactly?

Let's just say that they didn't reach their full potential because they were distracted.

Distracted by what? And why were they distracted?

These are the questions I ask myself, and the picture becomes clear. It is the effect of the comparative superiority-inferiority complexes of the enviornment, via certain information and norms, that causes all the problems, such as mental disorders. People who become dependent to pot, I'll guarantee it that they've been shunned in some way. That is, who they are is not as accepted, and they do not have the resources (belief-systems, environments, and/or rights) to combat this issue.