logical iq test

Guest Preston

I thought this was an IQ test?

It only tells you the percentage of answers you got correct.

Anyway, if it helps I got 87.5% (2 incorrect answers).

Some knowledge of what value a dime has would have helped, but then I'm not from the US so I don't care what crazy coins you people use.

Which one was it?

The other one I got wrong was one of those crazy probability questions which I couldn't be bothered reverting to primitve fractions for... that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

• 1 month later...

So if lots of people take the same one then its a reasonable (not definitive because no test is) assessment of intellect and appreciation of different concepts which the iq test is made up of - word association, simple mechanics, mental arithmatic etc.

My only grudge is that often the majority seem to get above 100, which is preposterous because the whole point is that 100 is the average IQ, thus there should be no imbalance above or below this figure.

MrL_JaKiri--- I so agree with you. (they measure aptitude for the test)

Greg-- i know what it measures, but its existence neglets the point of the billions of other possible skills the mind could be utilized to master. It also implies limitations is not benefit to progression. I'm sure any ordinary person could be trained to know what is needed to master the test, but what is the purpose of these things? When purpose of the order is forgotten is when true intelligence is lost. IQ tests do not promote progression.

Originally posted by greg1917

My only grudge is that often the majority seem to get above 100, which is preposterous because the whole point is that 100 is the average IQ, thus there should be no imbalance above or below this figure.

I guess you don't know how an IQ test really works then. It takes the amount of aanswers you got correct in a certain period of time to figure out your mental age. It then divides that by you true age, then multiplies that by one hundred. that is why the average IQ is 100. Your mental age SHOULD be your real age. If we had a perfect IQ test, which practicly impossible if I might add, and had everyone in the world take it, the IQ from the whole thing would be near 100.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Sayonara³

Some knowledge of what value a dime has would have helped, but then I'm not from the US so I don't care what crazy coins you people use.

The value of a dime is ten pennies. Or 1/10 of a US dollar. A qarter is 1/4 of a US dollar, a nickel 1/5, and a penny 1/100.

Originally posted by KHinfcube22

I guess you don't know how an IQ test really works then. It takes the amount of aanswers you got correct in a certain period of time to figure out your mental age. It then divides that by you true age, then multiplies that by one hundred. that is why the average IQ is 100. Your mental age SHOULD be your real age. If we had a perfect IQ test, which practicly impossible if I might add, and had everyone in the world take it, the IQ from the whole thing would be near 100.

No, you don't know.

Intellegence is assumed to be a normal distribution with a mean of 100 and standard deviation 10 (if memory serves [about the sd bit anyway]).

Tests measure your aptitude at them, independent of your age.

Then explain why a good IQ test asks for your age, and usualy states that If you put above 16, when you are truly under, that you score would change dramatically.

And by the way, my IQ averages to about 166, ranging from 150 to 171.

Then explain why a good IQ test asks for your age, and usualy states that If you put above 16, when you are truly under, that you score would change dramatically.

Because mental developement is theorised to increase to 16.

ps.

I'm afraid your scores show that the test is not a good indicator of intellegence.

I'm sorry, but it's true.

You're not one of the most intellegent 0.001% in the country.

Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri

No, you don't know.

Intellegence is assumed to be a normal distribution with a mean of 100 and standard deviation 10 (if memory serves [about the sd bit anyway]).

Tests measure your aptitude at them, independent of your age.

Spot on (but SD = 15).

The value of a dime is ten pennies. Or 1/10 of a US dollar. A qarter is 1/4 of a US dollar, a nickel 1/5, and a penny 1/100.

Originally posted by Sayonara³

but then I'm not from the US so I don't care what crazy coins you people use.

Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri

Because mental developement is theorised to increase to 16.

ps.

I'm afraid your scores show that the test is not a good indicator of intellegence.

I'm sorry, but it's true.

You're not one of the most intellegent 0.001% in the country.

I have taken like seventy DIFFRENT IQ tests, with each one within 150-171. And where I got what Intelligence Quotient ment is from some Natioal Geographic magazine, orwas it the Discovery Channel? I don't remember... But I can tell you for sure that my IQ is in the 160s, wether you believe me or not. I can finnish a 30 min. IQ test in 5 min., with practically every answer correct, pus I'm only FOURTEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So hah!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Originally

The value of a dime is ten pennies. Or 1/10 of a US dollar. A qarter is 1/4 of a US dollar, a nickel 1/5, and a penny 1/100. [/b]

a nickel is 1/5 of a quarter.A nickel is 1/20 of a dollar.A dime is 1/10 of a dollar. You should keep the same progression. Sorry I just had to say this.