China Vs Japan

Primarygun

A war between Cina and Japan would make Iraq look like a walk in the park. Also all the "terrorism talk" and "Islam fundamentalisms" would completely disappear in a matter of minutes.

Did you bother to read any of the preceding posts at all?

To some extent I can understand the underlying anger. Japan has always played more of a victim role in the post-war world' date=' spending more time talking about Hiroshima and Nagasaki than the attrocities they committed in the late 1930s in China (something that angers many Americans as well). [/quote']

Likewise, America always talks about Pearl Harbor and justifies the atomic attrocities. I wonder how the war in Iraq will be discussed? Probably beside a picture of the twin towers falling.

But I can't help but wonder... "Why now?" Is this a true public tipping point' date=' owing to the sudden freedoms of the Chinese middle class, or is there something more traditionally sinister going on behind the scenes, perhaps related to the ongoing debate over oil rights in disputed waters?

There, now we at least have a causus belli![/quote']

I think an economic war is much more likely. In this case, the winner could possibly be American corporations. They might get a stronger foothold in China because of it.

What I wanted to say is that any war between China and Japan would be so devastating that all else would become irrelevant. Iraq would take the back seat of the world's concerns and so would al-qaeda. Who would win ? Japan and the US since US is Japan's very strong ally no doubt. Russia would keep out because they would not like China winning and the same for Europe.

By the way both in the US and Europe alot of people don't like how much China is exporting to their countries and forcing alot of their textiles factories (and others) out of business, so this would be another reason why China would not have allies in these areas.

• 3 weeks later...

To me China has too much to loose, unlike the kamikazies. China is bearly out of the developing country stage, has population and corruption crisis, starvation, e.t.c. A collapse in China's economy will also mean the end of cheap resources and beginning of some world inflation. Perharps China's biggest headache is yet Russia, who through history has been itching and marching on to isolate or better still resolve China. A good example of this is from WW1, of which I took a class in. China may also have the previlage to confront the beast called America in a case of a present time war with Japan. However, with knuckles cracked and determination China can walk over Japan and the U.S, so as long as its not a two front war. United State's pacific forces have been staunchly unprepared for years now, with resources concentrated in the Atlantic and Mid East, not the mention the maritime presence of these two Asian bullies in the pacific.But thats just Unites States being Unites States. I personally will confer with my allies before I have discrepancies with China.

"China, there lies a sleeping giant, for when he wakes he will shake the world"---Napoleon