Your Favourite Star

• 1 month later...

Betelguise.

Reason 1: Great name (say it aloud a few times)

2: About to explode

3: It is mentioned in the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy by Douglas Adams: "Arthur would be probably be surprised if he learned that his friend for the last fifteen years came from a small planet in the vincinity of Betelguise, and not from Guildford after all" or something like that.

Mines the one: Left from the north star, up about a foot, turn right, go behind that one, jump left a few more times, then go up more, then right, now its behind that and down like a foot. Once you see that one go right, left, up, up, right, right, up, and then...Smack yourself in the face if you think Im serious. Lol I would say Betelguise for the same reasons as wowbagger. Yep.

Originally posted by BPHgravity

I really enjoy observing the Pleiades Cluster, but if I has to pick just one star to view:

Maybe Sirus, Rigel, or Capella....they are all cool!

Yes, thats a beautiful cluster to see if you've got a small scope, or even a decent pair of binoculars and a sky thats not too polluted by city lights! It was one of my favorites back in my astronomy hayday.

pleiades.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Sol (our sun) if you don`t mind, it kinda gives me that "Warm" feeling at times :)

after that would probably be Wolf 359.

regarding chicks however, I`de have to say, Nicole kidman, Sandra bullock, kelly lebrock, and Ali Landry,,, all in bikinis serving me beer all day long :)

• 6 months later...
I quote like the sun (or sol if you want) personally.

I would also like to thank the supernova(e) that made this post possible.

have to agree, no other response I can think of comes close

Aside from the Sun, I might say Zeta Reticuli because of all the sci-fi hype around it.

If not that, then maybe Alpha Centauri (the three together) for all the hype around them. Or Barnard's Star, being one of the fastest moving, closest, and probably dimmest stars that they know of.