Bunsen Burner

Invader_Gir

I dont think that this is the right forum, but I figured that since you have bunsen burners in the chem lab.........

Anyways, I was wondering, is there anyway to attach one of those jets that are in the lab onto a mini propane tank? If so, where can i obtain a jet. I cant stand using my alcohol burner anymore, it can barely boil water.

Thanks!

u could probably just take the hose on the grill prpane tanks, and connect it to a bunsen. When u want to turn on ur bunsen just twist the knob on the tank. That shouldnt be to hard based on the looks of my grills propane tank.

allright, i will have to try that....however, I dont want to use a 'big' tank. When I say mini, I mean the little ones, about ten inches high, six inches in diameter. "MAPP" gas and that kind. Whatever, thanks for the replies.

Look in hardware store for propane burners. There are some for camping and some for soldering work. If you think a bit all these can be used in lab. Even more, some of cheap burners that screw on propane tank can attach resin tube if you remove some unneeded parts.

Imade a propane/mapp burner. All i did was expiremented with burner heads, and from my home made burner ran a hose connected directly from the torch burner. The great thing about this is you dont even need to build a jet. I tried to build a jet (even tried pulling a tungsten filement through solder) and i couldnt get a fine enough jet. Use the torchs jet to mix the fuel with the air. After my burner was finished it was better than our rappy school ones. I just had alot of soldering for the burner.