What is a pedophile?

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is one boy I am particularly close to who knows what I think of him, and ya know what? he is fine with it. I think that's kewl and at the moment, couldn't really ask for more.

I do accept that... but can a boy of that age really understand the situation?

I mean, really know.... he can't.... he's too young.... he doesn't know about sex, love, relationships... he's too young.... I feel it's not right for you to unnaturally introduce it to him.

(At the same time I do accept that you personally would not do anything to be ashamed of or that we'd think immoral or wrong.)

bettina, paedophillia is also natural. natural does not nessesaraly = good, otherwize wed all be living up trees, eating bananas and going 'ook' (t.pratchett). also, being a male descended from monkeys*, my 'natural' responce to you disagreeing with me would be to hunt you down and hit you over the head with a club, before probably raping you as that seems to be quite common in nature, which is an even more relevant example that [math] natural \not= good[/math]. paedophillia is less unnatural than, say, wearing clothes and driving cars. actually, paedophillia and incest are rife in monkey* populations. this doesnt mean its ok, but id say that it means that the desire itself (and not the act) is forgiveable.

ezekiel23: as stated before, you cannot KNOW that you are doing no harm. with an adult, if a mistake is made it is their fault and thus their right to risk making that mistake. with a child, if a mistake is made it is the adults fault and thus it is not within the adults right to risk making that mistake.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

* ok, i always get corrected when i say this, but to keep on topic can we limit the amount of posts correcting me as to our origins to one.

But can you not see the difference between Bettina, a 17 year old, having sex with a boy her age and a grown adult having sex with someone who hasnt undergone puberty (putting them in approx under 12 age range)?

of course i can see the difference. in my mind the difference is that one of them is a disgusting perversion and the other is normal, healthy, human interaction. thats not the point. the idea is to try to see the situation from THEIR point of view, not your own.

First lets get one thing straight. I am not against adult on adult, minor on minor, in any mix of gender. I AM against adult on minor, or minor on adult. The latter being used as an excuse by a pedophile of the lowest kind.

A pedophile who is in complete control of his/her sickness would not be known, and would not be here posting. For example, my dad could be one, have it under control, and I would never know. Those people KNOW what they are and keep it suppressed because they have MORAL values. These people don't belong in jail. I would hope if they felt the urge, that they would seek help. I do not hate these people.

The fact that Pedophiles have come here to post, is because they are looking for sympathy. They fantasize about having sex with little boys and girls. They want to convince you that "child love" is different than "wanton sex with a minor". They will post smooth talk, and add intelligence through a big vocabulary. What they crave is acceptance from you that its ok to be what they are. That its ok for a 35 year old adult to have sex with a child as long as its mutual.

These people are NOT trying to keep it hidden but want to "educate" us and I have no doubt that some that posted here would have sex with an 8 year old if they could get away with it.

You can change the word "pedophile" to whatever name that makes you comfortable, but you are still immoral in your thinking. You may find a home here and acceptance by some, but I will fight you every step of the way, for I know you for what you really are. All us kids do.

Bettina

bettina, if something is worth getting offended at then it is worth getting offended at in a calm, rational and logical manner. if they attempt to logically argue that sex with minors is ok, then, if we are truly correct, then it shouldnt be too hard to logically refute their argument.

and i disagree with instinctively going "that feels wrong therefore it is" for the simple reason that, fair enough if we followed our instincts then wed not have sex with minors, but if paedophiles followed their instincts then they would, because a paedophiles instincts tell them that having sex with minors is ok. that is why i believe that rational logic beats emotion-driven feelings anyday of the week. emotions are good, but shouldnt be allowed to make our disisions for us. that is what seperates us from monkeys

Bettina just a quick question... that post which you just posted, the main body of it, am I right in assuming that that refers to the type of paedophile who would have sex with a child?

If that is so I agree with you -- it's just I think I've learn (or maybe just realised) something from this thread, which is that there are two types of paedophiles, stereotypes who we (and most of the world) dislike and those who can control themselves and have morals (as you rightly say).

And what you said about them posting here = looking for sympathy, I don't quite think that's a fair assumption, ezekiel23 for one said that (s)he (still don't know) would never have sex with a child -- ezekiel23 is hardly looking for sympathy.

Dak.....I thought you knew me.
i dont follow..?

::edit:: ok i jus worked it out. my appologies for misinterpriting you. and i agree. people who have sex with childeren should go to jail, reguardless of presence/abscence of consent from the child.

of course i can see the difference. in my mind the difference is that one of them is a disgusting perversion and the other is normal, healthy, human interaction. thats not the point. the idea is to try to see the situation from THEIR point of view, not your own.

Phew, thought you were turning to the dark side.... (no comments on that please!)

Basically I'm saying that whilst it is very good to make others see your view (normally the purpose of a debate/argument) and by making the situation being seen through their point of view is a good tactic in this particular situation it is not suitable because Bettina is at a stage (which all humans go through) where she will want to have sex with boys... you cannot in any way relate to that adults wanting to have sex which kids.

A pedophile who is in complete control of his/her sickness would not be known, and would not be here posting. For example, my dad could be one, have it under control, and I would never know. Those people KNOW what they are and keep it suppressed because they have MORAL values. These people don't belong in jail. I would hope if they felt the urge, that they would seek help. I do not hate these people.
ok, but surely if your dad felt that way and descided not to, there must have been a point during which he considered that it might be ok, even if it was only a transitionary stage en rout to desciding that it wasnt ok? eg, i considered it might be ok to sleep with my friends girlfriend en rout to reaching the conclusion that would not.

anyway... in the uk it would be perfectly legal for you to have sex. in the us it would not be ok... so its quite likely that there is some inaccuracy in at least one of the AoC laws, unless americans mature slower than britons.

Bettina is at a stage (which all humans go through) where she will want to have sex with boys... you cannot in any way relate to that adults wanting to have sex which kids.
you can analogise your sex drive, and the control it has over you, with that of a paedophiles.

by the way, is anyone here still arguing that the AoC should be changed/abolished? bourbohemian seems to have left.

bettina, why shouldnt we feel sympathy for them? its not like they choose to be attracted to children because they want to emotionally scar them... shouldnt you feel sympathy for someone who feels extremely powerful urges, that wont go away, to do something that has severe consequences if they EVER give in to the urges?

im not saying its ok, but shouldnt you feel for a person in that situation?

emotions are good, but shouldnt be allowed to make our disisions for us.

Nicely said.

society needs to be educated - not turned against peadophillia, its turning into what homosexuallity used to be.

That's what is happening hear... I think you must realise though that no child will ever feel that paedophiles who cannot control their emotions are safe. Child/adult sex is wrong even if the child cannot see that, some things never change, that is one of them. Where you're post is correct is in the situations where the paedophile can control themselves. Like Bettina said her Dad could be and she'd never know. There's nothing wrong with thoughts, only actions.

bettina, why shouldnt we feel sympathy for them? its not like they choose to be attracted to children because they want to emotionally scar them... shouldnt you feel sympathy for someone who feels extremely powerful urges, that wont go away, to do something that has severe consequences if they EVER give in to the urges?

If they cannot control themselves they need serious help, in the mean time they are not safe. Maybe someone should help them, that's not what we are debating, natural urges such as paedophilla would be very hard to seriously counteract. If someone was a stereotypical paedophile who'd have sex with kids, even after help, if placed in the same situation very few people would have the brain power to control themselves.

you can analogise your sex drive, and the control it has over you, with that of a paedophiles.

No. Because I can control my sex drive and I do not wish to have with children, the same applies to Bettina.

Thought leads to action

CONTROL.... I think it'd be great to have sex with a certain girl, I do not just go up to her and ask her. Sure it may lead to it but if she says no then I can CONTROL my thoughts.

Thought does not always lead to action.

Thought does not always lead to action.

and also, inaction is an action

No. Because I can control my sex drive and I do not wish to have with children, the same applies to Bettina.
your 16 and bettinas 17, so i guess neither of you may have had the experiense of a sex drive pushing you toward an immoral target (eg friends girlfriend). i have. it sucks, and i had to resist, which also sucked, even though i really didnt want to resist (which in itself sucked). hence how i can annalogise my sex drive to that of a paedophiles. if youv never fancied a mates girlfriend then i guess its not as good an analogy.