HTML Frame Code

herme3

I need a simple frame code in HTML that works. I want to be able to load several web sites on my web site in smaller boxes. I found frame codes on the Internet, but none of them seem to work. I would appreciate your help. Thank you.

Thanks, but that code doesn't seem to work. I've tried tons of different codes that are listed on different web sites, but none of them do anything. I am using Homestead, and I copy-paste HTML code into the site editor. I don't really know HTML, but I just need a code that will allow me to have different boxes on my web page, and each box with another web site in it.

It might be a problem with where you are posting the HTML. If it's just in a normal text box, the host will orbably interpret it as text and/or throw errors. It also might be a problem with your browser - can you view frames in other examples?

Another GREAT website is www.htmlgoodies.com. You can teach yourself HTML in less than a week (and have a pretty good working knowledge of it) if you use the primers on that site.

Good luck!

P.S.: You can find much better free hosts than homestead. Try http://freeprohost.com. It's one of the best that I've found.

Thanks, but that code doesn't seem to work.

That is a tutorial from the W3C, the organisation that sets the standards for HTML.

If you can't get a frameset working with your host using that resource, then you should look on your host's support forums (if they have them) for advice from people who had the same problem.

There is no thinking strategy that will let random people magically give you HTML that will work under unknown circumstances, so nobody here is going to be able to help without a lot more information.

It might be a problem with where you are posting the HTML. If it's just in a normal text box' date=' the host will orbably interpret it as text and/or throw errors. It also might be a problem with your browser - can you view frames in other examples?

Another GREAT website is www.htmlgoodies.com. You can teach yourself HTML in less than a week (and have a pretty good working knowledge of it) if you use the primers on that site.

Good luck!

P.S.: You can find much better free hosts than homestead. Try http://freeprohost.com. It's one of the best that I've found.

Homestead isn't a free host anymore. They are actually really good, and provide great space and bandwidth along with great software to build the sites. The software has an application where you enter HTML code. You can paste or type HTML code, and the program will automatically put the HTML code on the web page. I've successfully placed HTML for banner ads on my site using this method. For some reason, it just doesn't respond to the frame codes. I guess I will ask Homestead about this. Thank you all for your help.

I've found some really nice free hosts, but the usual problem that I find is that they claim that they have "no advertising" and then, a month later, they have huge banner ads that mess up your site's alignment. Really, really annoying.

Well, quite. You're always going to have that sort of thing going on.

Personally, I get hosting from the same place that Sayo does. Nice amount of disk space, nice transfers, can host up to 10 domains. All for £5.99/month. Can't get a lot better than that.