Aerodynamics for Dummies... please

Rasori

I'm doing a science project on aerodynamics... basic aerodynamics, because while I may be good at math, freshmen in high school don't know calculus. Do any of you have some sites that are really basic, or explain the mathematical stuff in some way I might be able to understand? Any help you have would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Like I said, Johnny, I'm a freshman in high school. Anything I know beyond the curriculum is something I could self-teach myself. So no, I don't know calculus.

As for comparing things experimentally, I had plans to do just that as an out-of-school project. Stuff in my personal life prevented me from continuing that.

I don't need to really know aerodynamics after this, I just need to know enough to get a more specific theme and then make a powerpoint on it.

... I just need to know enough to get a more specific theme and then make a powerpoint on it.

Here is a link that looks promising: NASA article on aerodynamics

In the article you see two things come up, Newton's laws of motion, and air resistance. Explaining them in your powerpoint essay is a good idea, additionally, you should explain the concept of lift, and possibly include some information about propulsion systems. Choose parts of aerodynamics which seem most fascinating to someone who knows very little about aerodynamics. And remember to site the sources of your information.

Regards

• 1 month later...
Guest woteva

hello

i'm new to this site, and are also doing a project for school involving aero dynamics can anyone help

Like jonny4 said NASA.gov has a bunch of stuff that you can use. I am a sophmore and was in the team america rocketry challenge last year and i often went to the NASA site and read a couple books.

since our goal was to built a successful model rocket i read Flight dynamics principles by Cook, M. V.,Aerodynamics for engineers by Bertin, John J., and Handbook of model rocketry by Stine, G. Harry. :)