young adults

daisy

oo...twelve hour school....that sounds nice;) at least when I have kids it will...if I have kids...

anyways... I kinda like living in a smaller town, there's only one high school and one community college around here, (duh) and so the college helps the high school by providing all these advanced classes (of which I am taking) and it provides for a more challenging environment for the most laziest of motivated learners (such as some slightly better than myself, me I'm just lazy and I still got into the advanced classes)

That's all too true - we have some "problem" families here who have loads of relatives, so if your kid goes up against them they take on the whole lot. And our local high school is small enough that everyone has an older brother/cousin/relative who will get involved. Mind you the teachers hands are tied regarding discipline too - the policy is not to expel nowadays so you're stuck with the riff-raff who are distracting everyone and causing discipline problems.

Originally posted by daisy

That's all too true - we have some "problem" families here who have loads of relatives, so if your kid goes up against them they take on the whole lot. And our local high school is small enough that everyone has an older brother/cousin/relative who will get involved. Mind you the teachers hands are tied regarding discipline too - the policy is not to expel nowadays so you're stuck with the riff-raff who are distracting everyone and causing discipline problems.

Like this one time, I got into this fight, I mean my friend did, and all of a sudden 20 kids were on top of me, I mean my friend. Then a teacher came out and started pound me, I mean my friend, with a yard stick! Well, maybe not, but there was like twenty kids there, it was ludicrace!

Originally posted by KHinfcube22

ya, but in a small town school, if you get in a fight and start saying things about one kids mom, everyone gets mad at you, not that this happened to me.

If you start fights and insult people's mothers you have to expect to face consequences at some point.

The problem with discipline in schools and at home is that kids are not taught their actions will always have repurcussions. Instead they are taught that they will be accomodated in an ever-expanding range of ways, as long as they shout loud enough and push to the front of the queue.

well if you're juvenile enough to start talking trash about somebody's mother then you probably deserve whatever comes to you:-p unless of course it's TOO severe... like pounding our friends with rulers;)

Originally posted by Dudde

well if you're juvenile enough to start talking trash about somebody's mother then you probably deserve whatever comes to you:-p unless of course it's TOO severe... like pounding our friends with rulers;)

Huh? is my response to your top piece. FUN! is my response to your last!