Not all Pages of Thread Appear.

I've noticed in some threads if you go to the last page number indicated just before the Opening Post it often is not the last page unless you hit "next" first.

http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/68723-proof-of-god/

The above link is currently an example, but it might change as more posts are added there.

- The last page is listed as 3 (currently).

- So you go to page 3 and scroll down and discover there is a page 4

This seems common issue here as I've seen it in other areas.

Just a counting glitch in the software that should be reported..??

It occurred to me maybe it was just a numbering style, but that cannot be because it does fit in all pages 1 to 4 when you are on page 3.

It is a tiny bug in the system

Edited by barfbag

Operator Error.

It is not a bug. Only the first three pages of a thread are listed at the outset. To go to the last page hit the double arrows: >>

The number of pages in the thread are clearly stated to the left of the page numbers.

Okay.

It still seems odd that it changes from that format on page 3 where it then does away with the last page arrow and squeezes all four page choices in.

guess it seems right enough. I program with PHP and can get values turned around in the silliest of ways and I've appreciated feedback about them.

I've seen other formats that seem clearer, but ,

"Don't fix it if it ain't broke" (not that we would fix it as much as report to IP Board Software)

Operator Error.

It is not a bug. Only the first three pages of a thread are listed at the outset. To go to the last page hit the double arrows: >>

The number of pages in the thread are clearly stated to the left of the page numbers.

Right. Hitting NEXT only worked in this instance because it's a four page thread.

Okay.

It still seems odd that it changes from that format on page 3 where it then does away with the last page arrow and squeezes all four page choices in.

It will display up to two additional page choices in either direction.