Guns

blike

Should the private citizen be allowed to keep and own guns?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should the private citizen be allowed to keep and own guns?

• Yes!
    • No way!

Keep in mind, they can only be held in gun clubs inder lock and key. You also cannot buy the .22 in the UK, it's just legal for a gun club to own one.

They are part of the winter olympics, so they can't ban them outright without looking silly. Like javelins, they can only severely restrict the use of them.

all hand guns above .22 cal in gun clubs must be muzzel loaders only. there is an exception, it`s a hand gun but it`s barrel length is that long it`s not classed as a sidearm, it just scrapes past that law buy about quarter inch.

Yes, that's true.

But if you want to have the ability to fire ammunition into another persons face until it's a bloody pulp, you'll need to be slightly more sure of your convictions than you currently are.

Why is it only Americans have this debate? Evey other sane country just banned the things. Unless your all planing to start dueling? Are you? Duels? 20 paces at dawn? Say that you are!!!!1

If I had a gun I would never have the guts to use it, unless someone hurt my family, then I'd shoot the guy in the face until he was a bloody pulp and stomp on his feet. Can't you see why they're so dangerous?

I'd be afriad all the time if there was a gun with easy not locked up in the house. My relatives have guns, I've seen a 50 cal! But they were kepted locked up, and these people knew all the safety and everything, but not everyone is like this.

See why I'm undecided?

Well, speaking as one of the people you might decide to shoot in the face, I'd rather you didn't have a gun. You might mistake me for a badger, or something, and let fly. I'm sure having a gun makes you feel all in control and a big man, but it makes me nervous. It's not about you, it's about everyone. Do you trust everyone to carry a gun? Even the mentally unstable 'militia' types?

Just for the record, you can prevent crime without inserting bullets into innocent people. Honest.

Cap'n Refsmmat said in post #85 :

If I mistook you for a badger, I think I would be in the psychiatry ward in the hospital.

And if you though it was alright to shoot someone without fair trial, for simply being a perceived threat, you would be placed into the same asylum. Perception is subjective, and it's all too easy for an innocent to be harmed. The point being I don't know your mental balance, so I'm not going to feel comfortable knowing your armed with a lethal weapon.

-Demosthenes- said in post #86 :

I'd rather there be no guns at all, but with a law against them people would still have them, that's scary too.

Ah, welcome to the rest of the world. It's nice out here, we let the police actually police the state and not Billy Bob and his 12 bore. It's called a system of justice, the one the US copied and really should bring into line with the modern world. Billy the Kid is dead and you killed the natives. Put the gun down son, it's not worth it :P

atinymonkey said in post # :

And if you though it was alright to shoot someone without fair trial, for simply being a perceived threat, you would be placed into the same asylum. Perception is subjective, and it's all too easy for an innocent to be harmed. The point being I don't know your mental balance, so I'm not going to feel comfortable knowing your armed with a lethal weapon.

No, you wouldn't be in the asylum. If he's pointing a gun at you, I think you can point another gun at him. It's only fair.

If you don't know the mental balance, no matter what, I would be uncomfortable.

Ah, welcome to the rest of the world. It's nice out here, we let the police actually police the state and not Billy Bob and his 12 bore. It's called a system of justice, the one the US copied and really should bring into line with the modern world. Billy the Kid is dead and you killed the natives. Put the gun down son, it's not worth it :P

We let the police police the state. Billy Bob would be handcuffed in a hurry unless he had a reason.

Is it just me, or are the last 3 sentences of your post rather mean? I don't like being called "son".

Cap'n Refsmmat said in post # :

If you don't know the mental balance, no matter what, I would be uncomfortable.

Hurrah. We agree, you trust yourself with a gun because you don't trust anyone else. And they don't trust you either. Not a healthy reason to arm yourselves. That's paranoia.

We let the police police the state. Billy Bob would be handcuffed in a hurry unless he had a reason.

Hurrah hurrah, let the Police do their job. Then, nobody need shoot the neighbour.

Is it just me, or are the last 3 sentences of your post rather mean? I don't like being called "son".

Yes, sorry, I chucked in the smile to diffuse it. It's a cultural reference to TV shows, if a good guy has a gun and is going to use it to shoot the bad guy someone will always say 'Put the gun down son, it's not worth it'.

Cap: It's a debate, a good debater can debate both sides of a debate. I can some, when I'm undecided. Not when opposed so easily. I knew alot about guns and stuff, at least compared to evolution and stuff.

I think there should be tight laws, really tight, bu not completely banned.

I'm not on anyone's side am I? Sorry.