The element of parapsychology in religious art

petrushka.googol

My study of architectural styles related to major faiths : ancient greek, christian and islamic led me to the following conclusions :

- ancient greek art was characterized by the ionic, doric and corinthian styles

- christian was characterized by the gothic style for example

- islamic art is characterized by the creation of a repository of objects like the mosque, tomb, palace etc., each with it's own purported significance

What i found striking was the universal adaptation by any one class of subjects by the styles ascribed to them.

Why didn't christendom change their art form from spires to ornate domes (predominantly islamic).

Is there a subtle reflection of the underlying psychology (or maybe even parapsychology and mysticism) latent in each design?

Is it a reflection of patterns encoded in our brains at design time? viz. birth. Or else what?

Please opine. :confused:

Religion is not realy prone to change, but more about adapting to the "powers that be," hence any accidental styles at the beginning(for example just because somebody likes a style) have a good chance of being adopted as a "religious style."

My best guess is that, for example, Christians designed their buildings differently in order to show that they (the Christians) were different.

An architectural shibboleth as it were.

This doesn't explain schisms in religion. For instance, Christianity's division into smaller sects, while still retaining the architectural flavor of the parent. :wacko: