Thread hijack - 'Hypothesis On Electrostatic Seed Dispersal Strategy'

vampares

"Sensitive in Washington State", Well good it is a very opportunistic species. In Pennsylvania we have a ready supply. I've blown the stuff once or twice as an add on. For primary growth, after all, it is not very difficult to get rid of and it doesn't grow so heighthaly that it blocks out sunlight. Its kind of weak but yet it grows in cracks. It pulls out nicely. On that note, I used to have 0 poison issues in my area. Now a days gardeners do not yank this stuff. Won't even weed wack it. If precision herbicide is not warranted, I'll put on vynils and yank it out. This plant would go well on a salad. Probably there for horses and cows.

Did you ever see any wild parsley?

Edited by vampares

"Sensitive in Washington State", Well good it is a very opportunistic species.

What exactly do you mean by "Well good it is a very opportunistic species" ?

In Pennsylvania we have a ready supply.

I would have to read an authoritive source before I believe your claim that O. suksdorfii is in Pennsylvania. Do you have such a source?

I've blown the stuff once or twice as an add on.

Again your writing is quite incomprehensible. What do you mean here?

For primary growth, after all, it is not very difficult to get rid of and it doesn't grow so heighthaly that it blocks out sunlight. Its kind of weak but yet it grows in cracks. It pulls out nicely. On that note, I used to have 0 poison issues in my area. Now a days gardeners do not yank this stuff. Won't even weed wack it. If precision herbicide is not warranted, I'll put on vynils and yank it out. This plant would go well on a salad. Probably there for horses and cows.

More apparent gibberish. What does any of this have to do with the topic of electrostatic seed dispersal as a plant strategy?

Did you ever see any wild parsley?

Word salad. Please stay on topic or don't post. Thank you.

Haven't had any moss infestations have you? Those are nasty.

Speaking of weeds twenty years ago there were different weeds than there are now, here in south east PA. I went to a quarry about a year ago and I saw some weeds that I hadn't seen for years! Of course there was a chemical line across them.

I dug into my back yard about 5 feet deep (putting in a recirculating outdoor hydroponic, never saw plastic) and it actually brought up plants that were around a long time ago. Dinosaur diggin'. :)

Seed dispersal topic request:

ChemLawn's formulation will hardy up the seeds, flower them, and have dandelion spores in late October. The offspring are then slaughtered in the subsequent application (its an all in one mixture) as retribution for smelling like dog feces.

It'll make leaves fall off of trees any time of the year.

If you are wondering where the clover came from or why, it is because you have mulch. Poison Ivy also comes from mulch. Qualify this.

Clover usually comes from animals eating it I believe. You would not have a magnificent dispersal, outside of a tornado, due to the fact that yes, Jack, these are wingless beans.

Anyone see Earnest becomes Electro-man? Only saw trailers.

Edited by vampares

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.