Bionic Brain

openSauce

Has anyone heard the buzz around "Bionic brain?" creating totally realistic A.I. that could pass a Turing test? I personally believe the first country to have this technology will bring the next revolution (i.e. like the Agricultural Revolution, Industrial Revolution etc) Think about it, any desk bound job could potentially be replaced by computer. Thoughts?

Edited by openSauce

I'm not sure passing a Turing Test is the same as having the equivalent capabilties of a human doing a desk job.

Why not?

"The Turing test is a test of a machine's ability to exhibit intelligent behaviour equivalent to, or indistinguishable from, that of a human."

Why not?

"The Turing test is a test of a machine's ability to exhibit intelligent behaviour equivalent to, or indistinguishable from, that of a human."

My understanding of the Turing test is that it is about conversation. Fully human intelligent behaviour is more than that.

Why not?

The Turing test is only a test to determine whether if you were able to talk to the intelligence that it is no different than talking to a human. Though this is good news, it isn't major news that would involve robots becomes human like. We still have some ways to go.

I don't think this project is primarily intended to develop AI. It is mainly for medical research, to better understand how the brain works. It is basically the equivalent of the US program: http://www.nih.gov/science/brain/

I suppose that knowledge could help develop an AI (although I'm not convinced).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.