For those who like their burgers

imatfaal

Found this recipe on-line (the story is at the BBC ) it's just a nice recipe for a slightly different burger - the interesting bit, other than finding out if it tastes as good as it sounds, is guessing who Papa was (just noticed it is given away at bottom of photo).

_72944416_recipe624.jpg

Wow, that sounds good! I'm not familiar with India relish or Mei Yen powder, but I'll look for those in the store.

This would probably go well with another Papa recipe: fill a tennis ball tube with water and freeze it, then put the tube of ice in a cocktail shaker, add 3 ounces of good gin, think very strongly about your favorite vermouth, then shake until the martini is so cold that when you pour it into a glass, it sticks to your fingers. Then add two frozen cocktail onions. Drink with your burger.

"think very strongly about your favorite vermouth" - now that's dry. Not sure I could cope with that and the burger together - burgers go too well with beer. I was drinking fourpure pale ale yesterday - which I believe is modelled on pale ale from the other side of the pond and was most impressed - but the burger was a bit too soggy.