Knowledge

Primarygun

I'm very proud of the capabilities of the members here, but as for answering any question, there will probably always be some strange little piece of knowledge that is unobtainable except by a very few people on earth.

I would definitely say most questions, though.

She would have loved the internet - a vast treasure trove of information.

Lets not get carried away with the internet though,it is an easily accessible platform to spout all kinds of rubbish.I tend to use the old trusted method of books and library for factual information.

How much knowledge do all members of the forum have? Enough to solve any questions given by a professor in an university, college? Or just for some common problems.

1) that`s undeterminable, and even if it was, the member list alters to the increase regularly, and so todays answer would not be tomorrows :)

2) enough to solve a good many questions and/or point most all in the right direction. (We`re a pretty damn awesome team!)

common problems often have a way of solving themselves to anyone with ears that spends time listening to his fellow man.

as for myself, similar to the others above, I couldn`t even begin to rate my knowledge, I wouldn`t know how to!

suffice to say, alot of the time, I can be of some help to most, even if it`s just being a good ear to listen to them with :)

Lets not get carried away with the internet though,it is an easily accessible platform to spout all kinds of rubbish.I tend to use the old trusted method of books and library for factual information.

That was part of Mrs. Ramer's teaching - being able to separate the wheat from the chaff. I always look for .org and .edu sites. If I am looking for research on a particular organism, I type its common name along with the word "taxonomy" - that gives the scientific name, and usually more reliable sources.

Libraries are great, but I live in a rural area - we do not have a great selection of books available.