The universe is an evolved thing.

__Ben__

Multiverses allow for selection of universes for one in which we can live.

Entropy is conditional of the state of the universe we see.

We see the most efficient one.

The one that exists,

With us in it.

If you were going to make a universe wouldn't you try out alot of combinations till you found the right one?

• 2 weeks later...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse

Interestingly enough it doesn't mention in that article my idea of an evolved universe from a multiverse. Stable universes which allow for other universes to come into existence from them, with slightly varied laws of physics, will allow for a type of natural selection. Those universes that don't live as long and don't produce so much offspring aren't as succesful. Therefore this hypothesis is testable by testing the age of our universe compared to other hypothetical ones and the ability of our universe to produce others.

We happen to be in this one to observe it because it has been naturally selected to allow for life to occur.

Contemplate this, our universe began in a minimal entropy state. The big bang at its moment of being was 1 thing within a universe, That is minimal entropy, nothing is more ordered that 1 thing in a system. There is only 1 direction entropy can go from here, up.

As entropy increases, with inflation, and dark energy driven expansion, the universe heads towards a state of maximum entropy. Now here's where something weird happens. We are left with 1 quanta of energy in it's own hubble volume, a practically infinite quantity of such. Where we have 1 entity in it's own universe we have minimum entropy.

Therefore at this universes maximum entropy, we have a nearly infinite ammount of universes with minimum entropy.

There is only one direction for these universes to go.

Some of them are bound to increase in entropy, this is how the universe gives birth, that is a successful universe.

Edited by __Ben__

We see the most efficient one.

The one that exists,

With us in it.

This isn't necessarily true. How do you define an "efficient" universe? Also, it's been shown (I won't go into the details, they're on another very long thread here on SFnet, and I won't hijack this thread with that discussion) that this universal makeup is not necessarily the only capable of supporting the physical universe as we know it. I don't have the link, but yodaPs I believe has a thread that topic.