Strange aactivity from beneath our feet

Radical Edward

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/2889127.stm

The magnetic field appears to be behaving rather strangely at the moment, though from comments in this report, magnetic field flips which occur every 250k years or so don't appear to have any major impact on life.....

of course it could be the myterious and infamous planet X having its influence, but I wouldn't count on it.

There are very many theories conserning planet X and those shifts.

According to one there will be massive ecological turmoil in which 2/3 of the world's population will die. But 90% of Canadains will surive :). Supposedly in the next ten years :rolleyes:

There is simply too much speculation about planet X to have any sound theories conserning it. :-(

Won't this instability cause another magnetic pole shift? Or is that not what you meant?

is composed of a few scientifically plausible ideas mixed with a large dosage of sheer nonsense. It should be fun."
Talking about The Core

But who says Science has to make sense?

Uh-oh...

• 2 months later...

Doc, no offense, but where have you been? It is well established that the field HAS flipped rather frequently in the past, they don't really know when it will again. I agree that there is not substantial evidence for planet X, but you don't know it doesn't exist. I don't really care personally. Pluto shouldn't even be called a planet, I heard it was smaller than our moon--- you can verify that if you want (maybe i'm wrong)). Planet X has been theorized to explain the strange orbits of neptune and pluto.

Maybe it depends on how the word MAJOR is applied, but my science teacher (Mr. Harris, one of the best in the nation(excuse my bragging)) told us that geologically evolution occurs much faster when magnetism is the strongest (its getting weaker right now, so things could be boring for a while).

He doesn't mean there is no chance of a tenth planet, he means that there is no Nibiru - the planet with the exotic orbit that many f**king idiots, sorry, people believe is going to encounter Earth within the next year because it was on an episode of Dark Skies, which was cancelled and is therefore a conspiracy of truth.

Also when he says the pole doesn't flip, it migrates - I think he just means to say it isn't a sudden change, it takes a while. Which is true.

I wouldn't expect a reply from DocBill himself... you'll be waiting a while.