women's rights

chris logan

i have always heard stories of some countries which have seperate roads and so on for men and women. is this considered sexist? if both sexs are equal why cant they walk down the same road or same hallway...

I heard someone say this was to 'protect' them (females).

I would like to hear your opinions and would like more information on the whole 'seperate facilities' thing and its link with sexism.

It's a debate so i need a few pointers (and i'm honestly outraged)

Separate but equal never is, it wasn't pertaining to race nor is it pertaining to gender. Why do woman need to be protected if they are equal? What are they being protected from?

that is the question no one is answering!!!!!!!!

In this particular case guys and girls should have a seperate road or hallway. the reason - they might get molested by some random creep. dosn't make much sense to me - is there some unwritten rule some where that says all creeps are males? i mean really, isn't that a violation of human rights or equality or something. Isn't that implying that females are the lesser gender (aren't capable of taking a walk down the block because they are "weak"). What next - take the females and put them in a bubble 'for their protection'. Isn't there laws against such things (At least in the U.S or UK)