Computer Security - Programs / Languages

darkstellar

I'm currently choosing between two colleges and their programs. Both are in the computer and network security sector. My primary interests are: Privacy, Data/Information Assurance, Computer & Network Security, Penetration Testing, etc.

DSU Teaches: SQL, JavaScript, HTML, XML, Visual Basic, Assembly Language and Linear Programming. It also goes in depth about Databases.

Penn State Teaches: C++ and only a little about data.

However, Penn State is the much more "known" college; yet I think DSU's program/course load looks better.

Here's Penn State's Course List for their program: http://www.worldcampus.psu.edu/degrees-and-certificates/security-and-risk-analysis-bachelors/course-list

Here's DSU's Course List for their program: http://catalog.dsu.edu/preview_program.php?poid=567

Which program would you recommend is best suited for me?

Thank you very much!

I think both schools have a good list of classes. However, in my experience your dedication to learn is most important, and your luck at getting good instructors is also very important.

When I attended the University of Texas at Austin, there was no undergraduate computer science curriculum. Thus, I took an Electronic Engineering Bachelors of Science degree. The only languages I learned in class were Fortran IV and Lisp. Yet, by the time I graduated I had learned four assembler languages and had written parts of an operating system being developed by a graduate student (work for pay).

I worked as a programmer, rater than an engineer; although, I very much enjoy the knowledge of physics and engineering that I learned.

I wish you well, but cannot recommend a university for you.