Aids

Primarygun

Assuming you're in the "viruses are not alive" school of thought, and not all immunologists or virologists are.

"You can't kill a virus" as a response to someone who may not know that viruses are on the alive/not alive border is ambiguous at best.

Because the answer 'viruses are not alive' triggers the thought process of 'holy **** perhaps I don't know much about viruses' in the original poser, as well as reminding other posters the depth of answer that would be required to satisfy the posers query.

By all means if you wish to dig out the GSCE biology, at start with the nature of a cell v's a virus go right ahead. I still prefer my answer.

AIDS virus will die if they are contact with air. What actually causes the death of them? If a blood with virus is left on a table, what will happen to the virus?

To answer your question, viruses are said to become 'inactive' or 'inert' when they cease to function in a way that will allow them to behave normally.

HIV is (as has been mentioned) a fragile virus with a very narrow range of environmental conditions in which it can survive without being damaged.

What actually happens to a virus on contact with air depends very much on the virus in question.

I haven't paraphrased anyone, whether in or out of context.

I said that your first response to this thread was ambiguous and unhelpful, and I stand by it. Please try to keep the big bad glib out of the science threads, and in the politics threads where it belongs.

Thank you for any responses to my question:P.

Normally, what's the possibility that the blood spilt out from one body and left in air after some while, the receiver will be infected by HIV virus in the blood. Will the chance being enhanced if the blood is very large?

As usual a larger volume to surface area ratio will slow down the rate at which conditions in the spilled blood approach those of the surrounding environment, so the larger the globule of blood, the longer the virus will survive in it.

If the blood was sprayed from the body, it would obviously be many smaller globules with larger surface area to volume ratios, so the virus would be quickly killed in that case.

I haven't paraphrased anyone' date=' whether in or out of context.

I said that your first response to this thread was ambiguous and unhelpful, and I stand by it. Please try to keep the big bad glib out of the science threads, and in the politics threads where it belongs.[/quote']

OK SPACEMAN!!!112