Is this possible?

sjbaybutt

If I understand the OP correctly, he's asking whether it would be possible to jump off a building, then fall down in a curved space which ends with you landing on the roof you left. Kind of like a triangle not being 180 degrees in a curved universe.

Is that what you mean?

If I understand the OP correctly, he's asking whether it would be possible to jump off a building, then fall down in a curved space which ends with you landing on the roof you left. Kind of like a triangle not being 180 degrees in a curved universe.

Is that what you mean?

I had the same thought,

I just thought it was funny to say what i did.

• 2 weeks later...

You can jump from a roof at height h and fall to a lower height, but to get back up to h you will need to stop falling and gain altitude. This is called climbing-however you do it, and requires an increase of energy against gravity g greater than -g.m

U could utilize projectile motion equations and find the initial velocity required for you to act like a ballistic missile, travel around the earth and land on the same spot. Equate the range as circumference of the Earth.

In such a case you will be able to land on the same roof, but you wont survive the impact.