Loneliness

psi20

Loneliness hmmm...

I personally value alone time but I never push people away (unless I don't like them). I like my friends, my girlfriend, family etc., but I am alone as I write this and feel fine. Being alone gives my brain time to think. I like to think most of my character and who I am today in formed from hours deep in solitary thought. Some people tend to push people away as a defense mechanism. The best way to avoid being eaten by a shark is to never swim in the ocean, so to speak.

I like my friends, my girlfriend, family etc., but I am alone as I write this and feel fine.

There is a huge difference between being alone and being lonely. You may be alone, but you have friends, a girlfriend, family etc., and you are aware of their existance and their relationship to you, even when you are not with them.

By definition, lonliness includes profound feelings of isolation; the awareness that one has no such relationships, even in company.

• 2 weeks later...
Bereavement can bring about what is known as "situational depression".

oh thats sad.

I'm sorry that you have to have those feelings.

With time things seem less grim.

that's one thing at least, you can be sure time will make it a little better.

endorphins also.

remember thre forest gump running part.

I thinks thats why.