Plate streaking order to avoid media crossover.

doddmic

I feel almost embarrassed to ask this mainly because a few
years ago I could of answered this question in my sleep and is very basic, but
seems almost impossible to find oddly enough.

But with BAP, Chocolate, MSA, MAC, CAN is that the right order to
streak?

Now that I think about it CNA wouldn't be at the end BAP, Chocolate, CAN, MSA, MAC, maybe a beter order.

Scratch that I think it's BA, MAC, MSA, CNA CHO, Still Not sure tho

While I can't help you, as I have no idea what you're talking about, would you mind sharing what all this is until someone who has a clue gets here?

When you streak media plates from the same sample it is impartial to flame every time, the order of the plates you do is important to avoid media crossover that may allow/ inhibit the growth of microbs on media that would or would not otherwise.

I normally do not do these types of analyses so I cannot give a definite answer off the top of my head, but the richest medium would be choc, followed by blood. After that all of the plates are at least slightly selective (either for gram+ or -). As high salt is not normally immediately toxic I would think MSA followed by MAC and CNA would make sense.

It may also depend on what you want to be certain to get.