NEGATIVE-X -some goood stuff

Nave

I originally found this experiment on the internet...However after i did it i modified the % so it reacts better. NEGATIVE-X is a substance that when a little drop of water comes in contact with this it reacts and flares up. Its compsed of

Ammonium Nitrate

27 %

Ammonium Chloride

3 %

Zinc Dust

70 %

(By weight)

Crush all of these into a powder and mix them together. Then add a small drop of water and stand back. Try not to store it for a long time, but if u do then cover it with a beaker..

BEWARE THIS HAS SENT ME TO THE ER

Also im not resposible for anything that happens to you

"A similar reaction occurs with iodine and aluminum powder. But the gas given off is incredibly corrosive, yet beautifully violet."

Every rose has its thorns. :) Especially in chemistry.

"BEWARE THIS HAS SENT ME TO THE ER"

Lol. Judging from the experiments you have shared with us, you're gambling with your life more than George W. Bush is gambling with USA's credibility (if humanly possible). :o

Yup. Standard OSHA safety course demonstration at a University. They started a whole bunch of small chemical fires and showed how different types of fire extinguishers can only make it worse. The best method they showed was a huge pile of sand.

the adition on Boric Axcid (even as low as 2% will slow/stop this reaction). it makes dangerous Amines with the Chlorine, it can even Detonate (although it`s a sloppy way to do it!).

ER/Morgue, same shit, just a different day...do NOT do this at home, it`s STUPID!