Abiogenesis

AbiogenesisDo Evolutionist believe in Abiogenesis aka Spontaneous Generation?

If so, explain why.

If you mean spontaneous generation as in complex organisms arising from things like rotting straw then the answer is no.

Abiogenesis is the formation of primitive life forms, even more primitive than modern bacteria, from organic chemicals and natural energy sources over time.

Many of the chemical pathways toward the formation of primitive life forms can occur naturally, this is the reason i give credence to abiogenesis.

AbiogenesisDo Evolutionist believe in Abiogenesis aka Spontaneous Generation?

If so, explain why.

In one very important sense the answer is no. Scientists are not, or certainly should not, be in the habit of believing things. Belief is to often associated with opinion and with prejudice: I believe it may rain later today; I believe short people often have inferiority complexes.

Scientists accept that abiogenesis is the most likely explanation for the origin of life. Why? Because there is more evidence in support of that mechanism than any other. However, please note that acceptance of evolution and acceptance of abiogenesis are two different things. They often go hand in hand, but there is no requirement that they do so.

I should clarify that further. The majority of scientists accept it because the majority are not working in that field. The rest of them demonstrate that abiogenesis is the most likely explanation. No acceptance is required. And acceptance is always based on the underlying thought - I could conduct this research myself if I wished.