His Devil?

rigney

Being an agnostic I can say pretty much say as I please in the religious portion of this forum so long as it is within reason, right? I'm wishy washy at best, but I came across this short video a day or so ago and it intrigued me. I remember "The Paul Harvey Show" from years past but never saw this version on any of his programs. It's interesting! And reading so much hyperbole here on the forum concerning religious and non-religious platforms, I thought it might be worth your time. It's onlyone mans opinion of his devil, but not necessarily mine. Chime in so that we might discuss it rationally.

http://stg.do/9LDc

Edited by rigney

And, when this devil had done all that, most people would still be better off, better informed and live longer happier lives than ever before. They would know more about the world and be less susceptible to superstition.

Best advert fro devil worship I have seen in a while, but I' afraid I'm still an atheist so my best guess is that the improvements come not from some imaginary being (labelled God or the Devil according to personal taste) but to people's ability to make things better.

And, when this devil had done all that, most people would still be better off, better informed and live longer happier lives than ever before. They would know more about the world and be less susceptible to superstition.

Interesting! But can you tell me, other than the satisfaction of your own convictions and quotes; do you have any proof to substantiate the information offered? Edited by rigney

Are you questioning that what the supposed Devil wanted has happened or are you questioning the fact that we live longer?

I'm not quite sure, but was just trying to find some answerable solutions in your initial statement. Edited by rigney

Not if they are actually solutions I suppose. By the way, do you by chance have a book out on: Human Analysis? If not, you should give it a shot.

Well, you introduced the word solutions: if they are solutions that are not actually solutions I guess that's your problem.

Re human analysis:

Would it help me get you to answer the question I asked a few posts ago?

This one: Are you questioning that what the supposed Devil wanted has happened or are you questioning the fact that we live longer?

Would human analysis help me to understand that you have realised that I won't have any serious difficulty evincing those points and that would make your question look silly?

Well, you introduced the word solutions: if they are solutions that are not actually solutions I guess that's your problem.

Re human analysis:

Would it help me get you to answer the question I asked a few posts ago?

This one: Are you questioning that what the supposed Devil wanted has happened or are you questioning the fact that we live longer?

Would human analysis help me to understand that you have realised that I won't have any serious difficulty evincing those points and that would make your question look silly?

I'm always open to suggestions if they can be related in the normal sense. You make unfounded assertions and consider them gospel. Me! I'm not trying to beat on or snooker anyone, just looking for things that makes sense. And silly? As forrest Gump said: "Stupid is as Stupid Does". All I'm looking for are possible answers, not a fight.

I'm always open to suggestions if they can be related in the normal sense. You make unfounded assertions and consider them gospel. Me! I'm not trying to beat on or snooker anyone, just looking for things that makes sense. And silly? As forrest Gump said: "Stupid is as Stupid Does". All I'm looking for are possible answers, not a fight.

So, it's going to be another thread in which Rigney fails to answer any questions.

So, it's going to be another thread in which Rigney fails to answer any questions.

rigney will answer questions John, but yours made no sense. It was Paul Harveys' comment and you posed your analagy as a question. Why would you think I have the answer? Go back to the original post, read and listen. Edited by rigney

rigney will answer questions John, but yours made no sense. Paul Harvey made the comment and you posed your analagy as a question. Why would you think I have the answer?

I asked this

Are you questioning that what the supposed Devil wanted has happened or are you questioning the fact that we live longer?

about your post.

I'm sure that others will understand why I asked you to clarify your point.

Paul has nothing to do with it.

I didn't pose my question as an analogy: I asked it to find out what you were on about.

It should have been easy enough to answer.

Why not do so now rather than making up stuff about Paul and analogies?

I asked this

about your post.

I'm sure that others will understand why I asked you to clarify your point.

Paul has nothing to do with it.

I didn't pose my question as an analogy: I asked it to find out what you were on about.

It should have been easy enough to answer.

Why not do so now rather than making up stuff about Paul and analogies?

I didn't try making a point John boy, just presented a video. Others may buy into your questioning, just not me. The post was started to perhaps help some narrow minded lame brain with no direction. But then, maybe I was wrong?

Oops! Sloppy use of language on my part. I should have said that I asked you to clarify your question rather than point. Sorry about that.

Please do so.

BTW, you were the one who started the questioning that people might or might not buy into, but don't let that distract you from answering my question

The reason I ask is that the video you posted tells you that the first is true and the increasing lifespan of most countries is well documented and widely discussed in things like this

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/03/100324142121.htm

So, in essence, I'd like to know which one you seem mistaken about.

Edited by John Cuthber

Oops! Sloppy use of language on my part. I should have said that I asked you to clarify your question rather than point. Sorry about that.

Please do so.

BTW, you were the one who started the questioning that people might or might not buy into, but don't let that distract you from answering my question

The reason I ask is that the video you posted tells you that the first is true and the increasing lifespan of most countries is well documented and widely discussed in things like this

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/03/100324142121.htm

So, in essence, I'd like to know which one you seem mistaken about.

Neither, none and all! Pardon my ignorance but I had no idea of asking you a question. Pauls' verbal explination was strictly his own, not mine. As an agnostic I was just wondering how others in my position, or yours might interpret his message. I'm skeptical, but not an idiot.

Sorry, what did you think that meant?

Solutions don't need answers.

Then scientifically, conclusions had better be beyond question.

Pardon my ignorance but I had no idea of asking you a question.

I'm skeptical, but not an idiot.

So, you didn't have any idea that I was asking a question.

Were the following not hints?

The ? mark at the end of the sentence

The bit where I said "Would it help me get you to answer the question I asked a few posts ago?

"

or where I said

"So, it's going to be another thread in which Rigney fails to answer any questions. "

or where you said "rigney will answer questions John"

or where I asked "I asked this

about your post."

or

"I didn't pose my question as an analogy: I asked it to find out what you were on about.

It should have been easy enough to answer."

or where you said " Others may buy into your questioning, just not me. "

or where I said "don't let that distract you from answering my question

Are you questioning that what the supposed Devil wanted has happened or are you questioning the fact that we live longer? "

OK, what does it take to get you to realise that something is a question, and to answer it?

(BTW, "Neither, none and all! " isn't really an answer.

So, you didn't have any idea that I was asking a question.

Were the following not hints?

The ? mark at the end of the sentence

The bit where I said "Would it help me get you to answer the question I asked a few posts ago?

"

or where I said

"So, it's going to be another thread in which Rigney fails to answer any questions. "

or where you said "rigney will answer questions John"

or where I asked "I asked this

about your post."

or

"I didn't pose my question as an analogy: I asked it to find out what you were on about.

It should have been easy enough to answer."

or where you said " Others may buy into your questioning, just not me. "

or where I said "don't let that distract you from answering my question

Are you questioning that what the supposed Devil wanted has happened or are you questioning the fact that we live longer? "

OK, what does it take to get you to realise that something is a question, and to answer it?

(BTW, "Neither, none and all! " isn't really an answer.

I thoughy it quite apropos considering your demands for an answer. Are you, "Ahem"! Ok?

Looks like trolling to me.

Call it whatever you like, but the video was of concern to me, not something to play "gotcha" with. I'm no theologian as you seem to be and able to turn Pauls' words into questions you expect me to answer. I'm looking for those answers, not more questions. If I understood his litany/discourse, this post wouldn't be necessary. As I told you earlier, I'm an agnostic; not an idiot. Edited by rigney