High speed black holes

triskaidekaphile

From what I understand so far, objects cannot accelerate to the speed of light since it would require an infinite amount of energy and would increase the objects mass relative to a "motionless" observer. The object would become more massive as it tries to accelerate. If this is so then would the accelerating object become so massive that it would become a black hole, while in reference to itself nothing changes?

Another way to look at it is: if there was an extremely dense white dwarf star that is on the verge of black hole density and/or mass, and you started moving relative to it, to a considerable speed, but much less then before, then would we see the white dwarf transition to being a black hole due to relative motion?

I apologize if this is another case of an incomplete grasp of relativity, I'm young and am still learning. Thanks in advance for any replies.

So is it the relative kinetic energy that contributes to gravity?

No. Relative energy does not contribute to gravity. The thing is, it's relative. If I were in a ship moving alongside of you, your relative kinetic energy would be zero. This would lead to a frame dependent gravitational field.

It's rest mass which contributes to gravity.