Diracs Large Number Hypothesis

Diracs large number hypothesis postulates some relations among among large numbers that occur in

Nature such as the age of the Universe and the inverse strength of Gravity, expressed in certain units.

The Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirac_large_numbers_hypothesis

Many more references to it can be found by a web search.

It isn't a model of the Universe like the Big Bang or Steady State models, but it does offer some

guidelines on the building of such models.

What do you think its implications are, and what do you think of it in general?

What do you think its implications are, and what do you think of it in general?

It is interesting and an idea that has never really gone away.

This idea lead people to consider the possibility that the fundamental constants in nature are not in fact constant, but evolve with the Universe.

I do not think there is any convincing evidence that this is the case.

It is interesting and an idea that has never really gone away.

This idea lead people to consider the possibility that the fundamental constants in nature are not in fact constant, but evolve with the Universe.

I do not think there is any convincing evidence that this is the case.

http://arxiv.org/abs/1202.4758

Edited by Ronald Hyde

• 4 weeks later...

Good that he has done such research. I have done further research on it in one of my paper. There exists no direct coorelation between the constants and the scale of things.

And on gravity: gravity is a drug-force in my opinion. The reason I call it drug-force is because it distorts or at least misdirect researchers' views. Imagine a parallel universe where there are only magnets and that each planet is a pure magnet as well, would gravity remain an important force or would the definition of gravity in that universe be different

Edited by JohnStu