Skeleton: Left Half Different From Right

Magna Esquire

I would like to start by saying this is a strictly academic question even thought it involves my own body. I've lived with it for years so I'm worried just curious.

My question is what causes a persons skeleton to be so different one side from the other? Oh, I know in the human body a lack of symmetry is common but generally this mainly inconsistent in the human body, not on one side.

Let me give you a list of what I mean:

Jaw: Does not open straight up and down but moves to the right then down(a dentist pointed this out)

Clavicle (collar bone): Left is larger then right and seems to have a different shape

Ribs: Larger on left side with larger spaces in between

Rib Cage: On left side is a different shape to right side

Hips: On the left side seems to be smaller to the right and barely protrudes

Note: I left out my bent nose because I don't know if it's related though I don't know how it became bent. I also left out the defect on my right side which is extra tooth. I do have a default in between but it's in a too sensitive an area to mention, being that I'm a woman.

I found these out by accident by looking in the mirror or carefully feeling my body. I've even shown some of these physical defaults to others and they did see what I just mentioned.

I do have pictures but I don't know if there allowed, I tried to find the rules on pictures and links but couldn't find them.

I would like to start by saying this is a strictly academic question even thought it involves my own body. I've lived with it for years so I'm worried just curious.

My question is what causes a persons skeleton to be so different one side from the other? Oh, I know in the human body a lack of symmetry is common but generally this mainly inconsistent in the human body, not on one side.

Let me give you a list of what I mean:

Jaw: Does not open straight up and down but moves to the right then down(a dentist pointed this out)

Clavicle (collar bone): Left is larger then right and seems to have a different shape

Ribs: Larger on left side with larger spaces in between

Rib Cage: On left side is a different shape to right side

Hips: On the left side seems to be smaller to the right and barely protrudes

Note: I left out my bent nose because I don't know if it's related though I don't know how it became bent. I also left out the defect on my right side which is extra tooth. I do have a default in between but it's in a too sensitive an area to mention, being that I'm a woman.

I found these out by accident by looking in the mirror or carefully feeling my body. I've even shown some of these physical defaults to others and they did see what I just mentioned.

I do have pictures but I don't know if there allowed, I tried to find the rules on pictures and links but couldn't find them.

The clavicle, ribs, rib cage and hips sounds like the typical asymmetry most humans have due to the heart being on the left side and the liver on the right. I'm not sure about the jaw.

I remember hearing that our legs aren't symmetrical and cause us to walk in circles if we're blindfolded. The brain also has a dominant side, so that can cause our bodies to develop differently.

You can attach pictures using the Attach This File function when you reply to any post.

Thank you, but like I said I'm not sure it's the case.

I'm going to had pictures with this post.

I would like to say that I am standing straight up and flat footed in the torso picture. I added the ruler for perspective. Also I took a deep breath so the ribs could easily seen so you can see what I mean. The next pixture I also took a deep breath, I tried to avoid getting my bra but I couldn't keep it out of the shot.

post-78044-0-54660400-1345503167_thumb.jpg post-78044-0-37471600-1345503691_thumb.jpg

In the Clavicle picture there is just my clavicles, the larger left one on the right side of the picture (you know that but it's good to remind people which side of the picture to look.

post-78044-0-42071900-1345501729_thumb.jpg

I will post more pictures another day. I have to go pick up something for tomorrow.

Edited by Magna Esquire