hot vs cold water

psi20

It seems like hot water has these little white dots in them but cold water doesn't?

What is that? Tiny bubbles? Squid sperm? Bacteria colonies?

Nope its the water softner.Dont know what country your in but in uk,areas of hard water a device is fitted cannot member its name,its filled with crystals and after a while sometimes these little white flecs come out.If you fill a glass up you will see them swirl about and settle on the bottom like sand.They are perfectly harmless and a normal occurance so dont worry.

Or it could be the government using its mind controlling formula to keep the population in check....or so i heard from the NWO council.

i agree with phi for all, probably something like limescale or something which builds up in the hot water tank or boiler or whatever you call the thing which heats (or stores) the water!

can you give a better description than "white dots"?

Nope its the water softner.Dont know what country your in but in uk,areas of hard water a device is fitted cannot member its name,its filled with crystals and after a while sometimes these little white flecs come out.If you fill a glass up you will see them swirl about and settle on the bottom like sand.They are perfectly harmless and a normal occurance so dont worry.

thats what i thought, but he said it happens in hot and NOT in cold. water softner should dissolve in all water.

however sometimes it doesnt.

it is more lickely to dissolve in warm than it is in cold as the warmer temperature makes it more likely to be dissolved (basic chem, i can explain if you want)

hence i said lime scale or something as water softner would appear in either both or only cold, not only hot.... UNLESS you only had water softner in your water tank, but that is very unlikely.

some people just get conidtioners for the novelty of it.

its strange that is should happen this way around.... if it were the water softner, surely it would dissolve in hot and not dissolve in the cold.... or if there was too much not all of it would dissolve anywhere... but if it is visible in one place (hot or cold) chemically it must be in the cold place.

therefore i think it is more likely to be limescale or something in the hot water tank.

Sorry for not making it clear enough.As you keep mentioning dissolve,the white specs are just minute fragments of the crystals.Its more a case of the crystals disintegrating over time.you are supposed to change them after a year or so.