Java Script

noz92

I know HTML very well, but I know that there are other ways of creating webpages, and that different ones are designed for different things. I know that Java is ment for more graphical sites, while HTML is for more text, and basic sites. Could somebody explain Java to me?

I know HTML very well, but I know that there are other ways of creating webpages, and that different ones are designed for different things. I know that Java is ment for more graphical sites, while HTML is for more text, and basic sites. Could somebody explain Java to me?

Java is not Javascript! Javascript allows your site to become more dynamic and do more things. For example if you want to display a message box to the user when they come to your site or do something specific you can where as you can't do that in HTML.

You can do alot in Javascript and it is a wonderful language to learn if you're a web programmer. If you need any help with the language, if you do decide to learn it, let me know! I know Javascript. :) An example of Javascript in action can be found at http://www.spellcheck.net. Hit the caculator link. This is one of the many things you can do in Javascript.

Java is a whole other story. ;)

I would like to learn it. The reason is that my webpages aren't very good compared to most sites. Like, if you look at this site, it's obviously not done in just HTML, but some other languages, like Javascript. But then there's others that obviousley don't use any simple language like Javascript, HTML, XHTML, or anything as such.

I would like to learn it. The reason is that my webpages aren't very good compared to most sites. Like, if you look at this site, it's obviously not done in just HTML, but some other languages, like Javascript. But then there's others that obviousley don't use any simple language like Javascript, HTML, XHTML, or anything as such.

Science Forum uses the following languages.

-PHP (server side scripting language.)

-Javascript

-HTML

-SQL

I would go for a server side language like PHP or possibly ASP. JavaScript has it's uses but not many on a professional site. It tends to be used for "cool" things that essentially detract from the site.

http://www.smartsitecms.net is a content management system that I'm building at the moment using PHP and mySQL. It may help demonstrate what server side scripting can do.

I would go for a server side language like PHP or possibly ASP. JavaScript has it's uses but not many on a professional site. It tends to be used for "cool" things that essentially detract from the site.

http://www.smartsitecms.net is a content management system that I'm building at the moment using PHP and mySQL. It may help demonstrate what server side scripting can do.

Yes I know both PHP and Perl. I love using server side language! I have developed tons of sites in the two languages and you should see the demand for PHP/SQL Coders!