C/c#/c++

noz92

I have to say that I definately agree with Cadmus on this. C++ offers a lot of advantages over C (especially when it comes to things like the standard C++ library). Just the OO parts offer a hell of a lot more scope for developing complex programming, and a lot of programs lend themselves quite nicely to an OO approach.

Yeah I agreed too with Cadmus' opinion.

BTW,

If you use Visual C++ .NET, you can do it (make a classic "HelloWorld!" program) like C#.NET programming. Like this below :

#using <mscorlib.dll> // We aren't going to use <iostream> but <mscorlib.dll>

using namespace System;

void main()
{
  Console::WriteLine("HelloWorld!");
}

But, every .NET Application can only run with a machine with .NET Framework installed on the machine. You can download the .NET Framework (The latest version is 2.0 BETA) at http://msdn.microsoft.com/net/ .

noz92, just for advice...

I think you are not sure what programming language you want to learn, because you don't know what are their advantages....

C++ is denefinately the most important, because it is powerful, and its program runs fast, but it is not as easy as you may think as a beginner.

If you just want to play around with programming, learning visual basic would be fine, since it is pretty easy to learn, but I wouldn't bother to use it, because it is not object oriented, and it develops bad programming habits, that is why it is easy to learn...

I would recommand you to learn python first, then C++, because python is easier to learn and has most of all the features C++ has, I think.

and probably you know about linux, right? try to avoid Microsoft's programming language, if you dont want to stick to Windows forever.....

regards

C++ is denefinately the most important, because it is powerful, and its program runs fast, but it is not as easy as you may think as a beginner.

Yes, C++ is powerful than others.

and probably you know about linux, right? try to avoid Microsoft's programming language, if you dont want to stick to Windows forever.....

But, I like Microsoft PL, it's easy...

I've learned a little bit of BASIC, but every program I use as a different version of BASIC, and all the tutorials I find on the internet are for Microsofts QBasic. I looked on Microsofts download page for QBasic, but the page doesn't exist anymore. Can I still download QBasic, or do I have to buy it?

You might want to look up GBasic. There's still some of that stuff floating around out there.

Just in case you don't know, you can also program using old-fashioned Basic in Microsoft Visual Basic. Most of the old QBasic stuff is still supported, if I remember correctly. You can even rework the editor a bit to look more like the old days (line numbers, white-on-black text, etc).

Anyone interested in C#/VB should definately check out the Mono Project. Basically, it's an open-source implementation of the .NET framework. It is, as they say, rather good, especially when combined with the GTK# wrapper and xorg. I'm considering using it to develop some linux applications, although I may be beaten over the head by my fellow CS associates.

Okay, now there's a problem. The downloads that InovFX gave me. I tried downloading the Visual Basic one, but I can't find it on my computer. Whenever I try to redownoad it, It just says that I've already downloaded the file.

You might want to look up GBasic. There's still some of that stuff floating around out there.

Just in case you don't know' date=' you can also program using old-fashioned Basic in Microsoft Visual Basic. Most of the old QBasic stuff is still supported, if I remember correctly. You can even rework the editor a bit to look more like the old days (line numbers, white-on-black text, etc).[/quote']

How do you do all of that?