Why are some people gay.

too-open-minded

My cousin who i grew up with since diapers is gay. He was born like it, i could give you evidence but at the end of the day your gonna believe what you do right now.

I'm sure some people do it by choice but in my cousins case he was born that way.

Anyways what scientific reason causes people to be gay? Is it in our genetics? Why would that happen if so?

Just on a hunch, could the skyrocketing human population be causing this? Natures way of population control?

Then again I guess being gay has been around since biblical times before the population was ever one billion.

That was just an idea and its wrong, but you get the point. I want to hear any hypothesis their is out their.

Nope, human sexual preference is base on the chemical that people have in their body during their development period, which can be both factors of biological(genetic) or could be enviromental influences. And base on what I learned in class, children doesn't have a sexual preference until they're adolescence.

from a biological perspective: genetic play a key role in controlling the level of estrogen, androgen and others sexual development hormone which during development period shape the brain, the body and the chemical within the body.

enviromental: chemical ingestion can also act to influence a child, though it might be quite minor but over time it can build up. For example let say you're eating a burger dose with estrogen for everyday until you're 15, chances are you will have a higher than normal estrogen level inside your body and in some way make you more feminine, same can be apply if you're taking androgen.

And base on what I learned in class, children doesn't have a sexual preference until they're adolescence, so both factor might play a role in shaping a child sexual preference. But don't take my word for it, since it is base on animal research, not human...