How do scientist measure the center of mass for a rock?

The Architekt

You asked for an easy way to determine the center of mass, and that was given. Center of mass is a basic concept. You can think of it as the intersection of the balance point of an object on three axes. You ask for a way to determine the location of "the electron" for a rock, and we ask for clarification and tried to explain why that particular question is meaningless. You are conversing with at least two other people, as I am not responding in other names. I do not understand what you are trying to do. I do not understand how you are tying shape, color, size, and "point of origin of time" in with center of mass. I have tried to explain why I do understand your question. Please, restate the question. What are you trying to determine, if it isn't the center of mass. If you are looking for the center of mass, the question has already been answered.

So, then, basically it is impossible to connect the electron to the center of mass then right?

WHY NOT JUST SAY THIS.....

I have tried to explain why I do understand your question. DID YOU MEAN I have tried to explain why I do ""not"" understand your question.

I guess your not perfect either,,, please let others know this, otherwise they will blame me again.

You asked for an easy way to determine the center of mass, and that was given. Center of mass is a basic concept. You can think of it as the intersection of the balance point of an object on three axes. You ask for a way to determine the location of "the electron" for a rock, and we ask for clarification and tried to explain why that particular question is meaningless. You are conversing with at least two other people, as I am not responding in other names. I do not understand what you are trying to do. I do not understand how you are tying shape, color, size, and "point of origin of time" in with center of mass. I have tried to explain why I do understand your question. Please, restate the question. What are you trying to determine, if it isn't the center of mass. If you are looking for the center of mass, the question has already been answered.

Edited by The Architekt

This means science has no clue about the shape, color, nor size of anything then?

How then can time be measured if not from the point of origin?

You say:

The total mass of the electrons in the object will be about 1/2000 of the mass of the object.

The mass of the electron is

9.10938188 × 10-31 kilograms

(from Google)

And both of those statements will be true no matter where the centre of gravity of the object is.

And I am supposed say, "Like WOW! Ok" and press on from their?

You have to be joking right????

You could find out more about the details, but in the absence of that: yes. If you're asking, it's because you don't know. It's great that you're asking. But it doesn't put you in a position to make a pronouncement on the answers you are given.

The mass of an electron, or of all the electrons, is indeed independent of its/their position.

So, then, basically it is impossible to connect the electron to the center of mass then right?

WHY NOT JUST SAY THIS.....

Because nobody could figure out what you were talking about. You were insisting that there was a connection, rather than asking if there was one. That makes a lot of difference in how people respond to you.

Never said that they were connected, but that doesn't mean that its not possible, maybe I communicated the possibility wrong and will work on this more later as I become aware of science terms.

thanks...

You could find out more about the details, but in the absence of that: yes. If you're asking, it's because you don't know. It's great that you're asking. But it doesn't put you in a position to make a pronouncement on the answers you are given.

The mass of an electron, or of all the electrons, is indeed independent of its/their position.

Because nobody could figure out what you were talking about. You were insisting that there was a connection, rather than asking if there was one. That makes a lot of difference in how people respond to you.