Mitt Romney - Vietnam draft dodger

Moontanman

I think it's worth thinking about this what if scenario, what if Obama was indeed a draft dodger, does anyone here think his bid for president would not have evaporated immediately as the Republicans screamed with glee as this message was pasted all over every possible media outlet?

It's interesting to me that this double standard almost certainly exists but it is primarily of concern to Republicans only as it applies to Democrats and not to themselves...

Ethics in politics is about as important as flying saucers in Astronomy... The goal is to win no matter what and to serve the 1% no matter what....

The media outlets wouldn't cover it. Over and over again they show they'll only publish positive material on the candidates they support and negative material on their opponents. There is no 'fair and balanced' from any of the media players. Objective reporting is basically dead.

The goal is to win no matter what and to serve the 1% no matter what....

Uh, I don't know about that. What if they have their clients drink the 2% for breakfast? Not everyone needs 1%. :eyebrow:

Personally, I'm sick of this "they're all puppets" attitude, although I'm not necessarily denying it anywhere. I hope we think more clearly. Getting frequently disgusted with people seems to require wide nostrils, a contorted face, squinted eyes and ultimately, a severely disabled focus. You can be cynical or whatever, but I feel like so many people are moaning around in circles and yet nothing meaningful happens. Again, I'm not saying "oh shut up, everything is fine," but many people seem to be in some kind of trance, though. Stomping with fascinated declarations is idiotic. From my perspective, this applies to many sorts of people, so I'm not targeting anyone in particular (e.g. any political party, any sort of movement, any sort of ideology etc).

EDIT:

Also, sorry that I replied to this certain statement. Really, I'm regarding much more.

Edited by Ben Bowen