Breasts size and shapes

Ignisa

Since this is my first post I send my "hi" to everyone :).

I have few questions to topic mentioned in title:

1.Is there one gene responsible for breast size and shape, another for legs and thighs...

or the overall silhouette depands on one gene?

2a.And in case of breast (or silhouette) - which shapes(and sizes) are recesive and dominant?

2b.What are the combination of allels?

3.How big influence on inheriting these traits have father's chromosomes (X,Y)?

I've heard from my friends that most of them inherited breast size (I mean they are similar in shape)

after mother or grandmother (from mother line; mine is quite similar to my mother).

My mother currently has an E(DD) cup but before I was born she had C cup.

My aunt (and her sister) however is B cup although she was pregnant already (A was before).

I want to know what chance i have of "inheriting" breasts after my mother.

I would be very grateful if the answer was from someone who has professional wisdom

(someone who is working or teaching in genetics) or know some sites, books, etc. which can give me informations about it.

You seem to have answered your own question.

".Is there one gene responsible for breast size and shape"

"My mother currently has an E(DD) cup but before I was born she had C cup"

In any event, human heritability is usually rather complicated.

It is (as far as I know) never as simple as "Is there one gene responsible for breast size and shape, another for legs and thighs... or the overall silhouette depands on one gene?"

The best indicator of how you will develop is probably your mother, but there's so much variability due to other influences that your are pretty nearly guessing.

Sorry, but we can't predict the future.

• 5 weeks later...

If the reason your asking the questions has anything to do with your self esteem please read what I'm about to say a few times.

Your a growing hormonal girl, at one point atleast in the near future you will experience thoughts about how attractive you might look, you will probably even go as far as to compare yourself to other girls to get a good understanding of how you look.

PLEASE DON'T DO THAT!

Hormones confuse things and you probably won't fully develop self esteem till your 20's. Im sure even kim kardashian and paris hilton felt self conscious at one point in their teens.

Your an individual, the only person your going to look like is you. Maybe a little like your family, but your going to be yourself. If you had a twin at a young age yall would look alike, but eventually your twin would look somewhat different.

Please everyone is different and everyone has different tastes. You might be really skinny, some guys like skinny girls. You might be really overweight, some guys like big girls. The number one thing is to find yourself and be content with who you are.

Aren't you way more attracted to a boy who has self-pride and and a little bit of cockiness but not too much? Believe it or not us guys like the same thing in a girl. I'm 18 ive been around the block a little bit and I can tell you when a girl knows shes bad, she bad :P.

Oh and little other bit of information. Wait till after highschool to date, trust me hormones and social status will not allow you to have a proper relationship. It can wait, plus most people are really immature until their late 30's. That doesnt mean date older guys either! When your a freshman don't date a senior, any guy who cant talk to girls his own age is a complete douche.

So anyways take care ignisa, good luck with your growing pains, and please re-read that so you fully comprehend everything i'm trying to tell you, they are wise words.