Psychosis and Religious Devotion

ydoaPs

!

Moderator Note

cap'n:

I am absolved of this foolishness.

You are not. And if you continue to insist, we will absolve you by suspending your account for violating our rules.

Don't make things worse by answering this moderation note, zorro, we'll just start deleting those. I will remind you that you came to us, not vise versa, and as a result, you are obligated to go by our rules, not vise versa.

Enjoy your stay.

Even if I believe this story, not sure that he didn't ask himself why he was doing this. He should have thought about it more, because it would have been much better to not have this crap about human sacrifice lingering on in the future. It is just stupid.

Its not stupid if you had to fulfil theological obligations, Jesus wasn't crazy, he very well knew what he was doing, he knew where he had come from and he knew where he was going.

The Gospel of Judas states that Jesus told Judas "You shall be cursed for generations" and then added, "You will come to rule over them" and "You will exceed all of them, for you will sacrifice the man that clothes me."

He did that to fulfil God's works and we are here to do god's works like it or not.

Even if I am sure about the source, I know it is evil. Only evil would ask one to kill their own son. If you are god and my son needs to die, then kill him yourself.

In practical circumstances things won't always be so simple as that.

For example Jephthah made a vow that, "Whatever/whoever emerges and comes out of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the people of Ammon, shall surely be God’s, and I shall sacrifice him/her/it as a burnt offering." (Judges 11:31)

Unfortunately it was his daughter who came out of his house when he returned and he sacrificed his daughter to the God just as he promised. Even daemons fear because they know there is a God and god fearing people existed in the past and will continue to exist and that's the path of righteousness.