Electron microscope?

Nevermore

oook. First of all...what exactly are you studying to where you need an electron scanning mic? If you have an excellent microscope, you should be able to see just about everything at an amazing quality (see some of my other posts to check that out)

Its not exactly something for the average hobbier, so depending upon your credentials and training, I might expect the university to take into consideration your age and experience before letting anyone use their equipment.

(dont mean to bring anyone down) :D

oook. First of all...what exactly are you studying to where you need an electron scanning mic? If you have an excellent microscope, you should be able to see just about everything at an amazing quality (see some of my other posts to check that out)

Its not exactly something for the average hobbier, so depending upon your credentials and training, I might expect the university to take into consideration your age and experience before letting anyone use their equipment.

(dont mean to bring anyone down) :D

Just out of interest and in case anyone knows this:

Is the image above colored by means of image-processing? Or is it possible to get (usefull) colored pictures in an electron microscope by taking the direct information like assigning a color to certain intensities of the tuple (Secondary Electrons, Back Scattered Electrons) ?

On topic: I doubt that universities offer "rent an electron microscope"-services. But if you manage to convince the rigt persons that your research is interesting they might let you use it for free under supervision (I´ve got no idea what you´re doing so I cannot judge if someone might consider it worth doing).

Alternatively I´d bet that there are smaller companies specializing in doing tasks like quality control that use electron microscopes for their tasks. If you´re able to tell what you want to have measured in advance they might do this for you for a fee (but you´ll most certainly miss the fun of playing around with an electron microscope).

In both cases you should really know in advance what you are going to do and how it works. Everyone will be very displeased if your sample doesn´t stand vacuum and ends up smearing on the walls of the mircroscope ... :D