Mac or PC

Guest Burg

For engineering, as a student, which computer platform would be best, do you think.

An iBook/Powerbook or a PC laptop?

Just curious to see whats used.

Thanks

For engineering, as a student, which computer platform would be best, do you think.

An iBook/Powerbook or a PC laptop?

Just curious to see whats used.

Thanks

Mechanical engineering to be specific. I'm not sure...I have a good PC, but I don't know if going for a Mac over PC would be better or not. The Laptop will be for school mainly...

Mechanical engineering to be specific. I'm not sure...I have a good PC, but I don't know if going for a Mac over PC would be better or not. The Laptop will be for school mainly...

I'd say Mac myself, but I'm a bit biased. I *think* you can get most of the scientific software for Mac these days, but I could be wrong. Have a look at what software you're going to need it for before you buy one though.

I'd say Mac myself, but I'm a bit biased. I *think* you can get most of the scientific software for Mac these days, but I could be wrong. Have a look at what software you're going to need it for before you buy one though.

If you don't have any external restrictions which might become an issue (something you might require from pc world not available in mac or if you need to work in a pc infested environment etc.) I'd go for mac ... the hardware package & currently available software make it a real option, unless you need something special only available in pc. Experiences I've had on mac laptops have been overly positive compared to pc ones I've had (and am currently having due to some restrictions ... :-( ).

If you don't have any external restrictions which might become an issue (something you might require from pc world not available in mac or if you need to work in a pc infested environment etc.) I'd go for mac ... the hardware package & currently available software make it a real option, unless you need something special only available in pc. Experiences I've had on mac laptops have been overly positive compared to pc ones I've had (and am currently having due to some restrictions ... :-( ).