bile/fatty acids questions

sammy7

hi all new here. i had a super rare problem called superior mesenteric artery syndrome for a long time and had surgery to correct it although it didnt actually improve my digestions/way i feel etc.i feel it might be due to a triggering problem with the pancreas/gallbladder etc just want to know concerning fat absorption/digestion-i understand the efa's (dha epa) are long chain fatty acids so bile+lipase is absolutely necessary for break down/absorption is this right? ie short and medium chain fatty acids dont need either lipase/bile to be absorbed they can just go straight across the intestinal wall or whatever? (sucks they arnt the ones that are the efa's) so im going to buy some lecithin and mix it with liquid fish oil (dha+epa) to emulsify it, this will remove the necissity of bile (ive bought ox bile/bile salts too but will try this first), then i will take creon with it for lipase and *hopefully* this should nail it right? want to hear from a biochem expert... ok thanks

bye

sam