"Exists outside of space and time"

ydoaPs

Time and space are very similar things. So much so, in fact, that we treat them the same mathematically. But what are they? They are separations. Distance is the separation between objects within a state, and duration is the separation between states. The magnitude of both separations are relative and depend on the energy distribution within the reference frame of the observer.

How can one be outside of all separations. You cannot separate yourself without being separated. To speak of "outside" of the universe is to be unintelligible.

"You realize beyond all trace of doubt that the world is in you and not you in the world"

"You are the entire universe.

You are in all, and all is in you.

Sun,moon, and stars revolve within you."

"the Universe produced phenomenally in me, is pervaded by me. From me the world the world is born, in me it exists, in me it dissolves."

Thinking that you're not your body but an entity outside of the universe is quite psychotic indeed but who knows what other perceptions of the world are possible.

I would have liked to see this in Speculations, but since it's here, I will try sanely to put my two cents in. The following is an excerpt from Kant.

Critique of Pure Reason, describes time as a priori notion that, together with other priori notions such as space, allows us to comprehend sense experience. Kant denies that either space or time are substance, entities in themselves, or learned by experience; he holds rather that both are elements of a systematic framework we use to structure our experience. Spatial measurements are used to quantify how far apart objects are, and temporal measurements are used to quantitatively compare the interval between (or duration of) events. Although space and time are held to be transcendentally ideal in this sense, they are also empirically real, i.e. not mere illusions.

Being presumptive, I have stated many times that "time" itself is a man made commodity in understanding the flexible universe. Space, to me; (without conformation), is a physical entity (Continuum) which only has relevence because our universe exists. When we hear, see and read the things that are going on at CERN and Fermi-Labs today, one has to wonder about efforts to bring sciencec to a new understanding. Actually we assume time and space to be similiar due to our "not" understanding either, fully.

Edited by rigney

I would like to see this in Speculations, but since it is here, I will try sanely to put my two cents in. Thie following is an excerpt from Kants Critique of Pure Reason, describing time as a priori notion that, together with other priori notions such as space, allows us to comprehend sense experience. Kant denies that either space or time are substance, entities in themselves, or learned by experience; he holds rather that both are elements of a systematic framework we use to structure our experience. Spatial measurements are used to quantify how far apart objects are, and temporal measurements are used to quantitatively compare the interval between (or duration of) events. Although space and time are held to be transcendentally ideal in this sense, they are also empirically real, i.e. not mere illusions.

Being presumptive, I have said many times that "time" itself is a man made commodity in understanding the flexible universe. Space, to me; (without conformation), is a physical entity (Continuum) and only has relevence because our universe exists. When we hear, see and read the things that are going on at CERN and Fermi-Labs today, one has to wonder about efforts to bring sciencec to a new understanding. Actually we assume time and space to be similiar due to our "not" understanding either, fully.

Our understanding of space and time have come a LONG way since Kant. You know, B-Theory, Relativity, and whatnot.

!

Moderator Note

Rigney - The same request I made of Immortal applies to you - if you copy text written originally by another, please put it in quotes and make it clear where it was taken from

, in the
, described time as an
notion that, together with other
a priori
notions such as
, allows us to comprehend sense experience. Kant denies that either space or time are
, entities in themselves, or learned by experience; he holds rather that both are elements of a systematic framework we use to structure our experience. Spatial
are used to
how far apart
are, and temporal measurements are used to quantitatively compare the interval between (or duration of)
. Although space and time are held to be
transcendentally ideal
in this sense, they are also
empirically real
, i.e. not mere illusions.

This paragraph above appears on wikipedia here

!

Moderator Note

Rigney - The same request I made of Immortal applies to you - if you copy text written originally by another, please put it in quotes and make it clear where it was taken from

This paragraph above appears on wikipedia here

I will definitly try to get it right.

The Upanishads have no authors, God gave it to the world through the means of few men, it is no one's property, it belongs to the people of the world, however just for namesake...

"You realize beyond all trace of doubt that the world is in you and not you in the world"

-- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

"You are the entire universe.

You are in all, and all is in you.

Sun,moon, and stars revolve within you."

-- Swami Muktananda

"The Universe produced phenomenally in me, is pervaded by me. From me the world the world is born, in me it exists, in me it dissolves."

-- Ashtavakra Gita

What about the theory of multiverse? In other universe, our 'time' has no bearing whatsover, to their sense of temporal separation.

Or perhaps even if you argue that surely in their universe, there's a temporal factor in it, and with the existance of temporal dimension and surely separation has a meaning, the other universes could have dimensional structures so convoluted that our definition of temporal seperation makes no sense. :lol: Just some speculation on my part.

Of course, I do sense an undercurrent of athiesm in your post, please do correct me if I'm wrong. But judging from your avatar, I'd put a wager that athiesm is what you're getting at. :lol:

Edited by Doom

Our understanding of space and time have come a LONG way since Kant. You know, B-Theory, Relativity, and whatnot.

That's why I thought it belonged in Speculations, rather than Religion and Philosophy. And yes, we have come quite a way in a few short years. But yet, time and space are still speculative and argumentative. Especially, "Space" Edited by rigney