Simple questions about these 2 parsites life cycle(Pics provided anyone can answer)

scilearner

Hello everyone,

H_diminuta_LifeCycle.gif

This is the life cyle of H.diminuta. My question is the 4th point. It says ingestion of these arthropods/fleas by rats or humans. Do rats actually eat these fleas, or do the fleas live on rats's skin and suck their blood and via that infects rats, same for humans. Is it ingestion or do these fleas live on the skin of these individuals?

H_nana_LifeCycle.gif

This is H.nana. My question is about 1st point. Can humans get infected by eating infected eggs of rats, which are passed in their faeces?

Edited by scilearner

It says ingestion of these arthropods/fleas by rats or humans. Do rats actually eat these fleas, or do the fleas live on rats's skin and suck their blood and via that infects rats, same for humans. Is it ingestion or do these fleas live on the skin of these individuals?

Tapeworm thrive in the digestive tracts, so ingestion is necessary. Also, they are not specific to fleas. Other arthropods are more often cited as hosts.

Can humans get infected by eating infected eggs of rats, which are passed in their faeces?

I hope you mean egg-infected feces of rats (rather than egg-laying rats). Yes, we can. Thus avoid eating rat feces as much as possible.