Does anyone believe...

Deified

Im not sure if it is a permanent fixture or not. But on the front page of this site there is a Goolgle ad for "The Final Theory" and I was wondering if anyone actually believes this crap and if so who? I just skimmed a few paragraphs from the site and I felt like screaming.

this is the site

I checked the claim that this book is a science bestseller at Amazon.com and I found that it is NOT. I feel slightly comforted now that I know that Brian Greene's great books are bestsellers. I thought I had drastically underestimated the worlds stupidity, but I am happy to learn that I have not. Still, any thoughts on the subject?

wow I learned nothing but I'd have to BUY it to know more. to bad I got Halo 2 instead ill never learn the answers to the universe. I can help it I have to say it Where is "GOD" in this. The last person I heard say "our scientist don't have the answers" was a southern baptist (sorry) bigot that is trying to have evolution struck from public school curiculum. REEAD SO THAAT YOOU MAY BEELEIVEHA

I think it's cool. I'd buy it... Well, I'd download a copy of it off P2P anyway... If I had P2P... but I hate those.

Anyway...

I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't knock something (or promote something) that you can't back up using science. I can't, so I shant. But it would be nice if someone did. Just calling his claim rubbish makes just about as much sense as preaching it, if you have no clue what it's about.

So read it, rather than rock it, and tell us what you think AFTER.

BTW, you can't believe something you haven't read yet...

I'm sorry, I downloaded the free first chapter and read it, but I too felt that the arguments being presented reminded me too strongly of those presented by "Intelligent Design" proponents. The author says things like: Newton gave us an accurate description of gravity without explaining it. Einstein came up with a "fanciful" theory to explain it. Isn't it strange that we have two explanations for the same effect?

His very argument is inconsistent. And he says things like, Scientists obviously don't believe in their own theories because they continue to explore and try to understand more.