Riddles, riddles, RIDDLES AND MORE

well here is how it goes... someone above you posts a riddle... you try to solve it... then you post a riddle for the person below you to solve! oh... and put the difficulty in parentheses [] and when you solve...try to explain how you came up with the answer

[easy]

if a tree falls with nothing around the sound vicinity to hear it... does it make sound

• 1 month later...

well here is how it goes... someone above you posts a riddle... you try to solve it... then you post a riddle for the person below you to solve! oh... and put the difficulty in parentheses [] and when you solve...try to explain how you came up with the answer

[easy]

if a tree falls with nothing around the sound vicinity to hear it... does it make sound

If a tree falls with nothing around the sound vicinity to hear it ......... does it make sound?

If there is nothing around the sound vicinity to hear it, then the vibrations caused by the falling tree are sensed by nobody. So the tree did not make sound. The vibrations caused by the tree could be called SOUND only if those could be sensed.

Some researches have shown that the vibrations produced never die. But I don't believe in it.

• 2 weeks later...

According to physics and ignoring all the evidence that trees can in fact sense their surroundings in minute ways, the falling of a tree would release potential energy in the form of vibration or kinetic energy to the surrounding air, so unless you want to say physics is wrong (which, I guess you could if you want to, but there would be no way to prove it), then the answer is yes.

According to physics and ignoring all the evidence that trees can in fact sense their surroundings in minute ways, the falling of a tree would release potential energy in the form of vibration or kinetic energy to the surrounding air, so unless you want to say physics is wrong (which, I guess you could if you want to, but there would be no way to prove it), then the answer is yes.

You are right. I didn't deny the Physics. I also said the vibrations will be produced.

What I meant is that there was nobody to sense the vibrations and tell that there was 'sound'. If the question is raised about the vibrations caused, then the answer should be affirmative. Just like the fact of 'falling of the tree', which is true whether some person sees it or not, same way vibrations in the air are caused. But the name 'sound' is given to them, only when someone having hearing senses feels them. The vibrations should subside in due course. But long back in some magazine, I read that the scientist have caught the RAGAS (symphonies) of a famous classical singer Tansen, from his grave, which I don't believe.

However I believe in science, and I agree that vibrations will be caused, I think you are right the vibrations are named sound whether some body senses them or not. So 'SOUND' will be there.